ITSM Change and Release Process Manager
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
We are currently looking for a ITSM Change and Release Management Process Owner>
The ITSM Change and Release Process Owner is responsible for IT Change and Release process design, standardization, adoption and governance. They will work proactively with McDonald's team members as well as Managed Service Providers to ensure successful IT transition in an efficient and cost effective manner, which minimizes disruption to normal operation. This role manages the end-to-end effectiveness of the standardized Change and Release Management process across MCD Global Technology.
This role will have overall responsibility to design, monitor, run and continuously improve the process and supporting artifacts across MCD Global Technology and Technology Service Providers. This role will work in partnership with the Service Operations Process and Service Continuity managers, reporting up to the Service Management office Director.
Responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the overall Change and Release Management process objectives and process design
• Ensures internal and external compliance with Change and Release Management process'
• Oversees effectiveness of Change Control review board(s) integration and performance
• Monitors escalation approvals for Emergency Changes with ECAB members
• Manages integration of Change and Release across MCD Global Technology and Service Providers
• Acts as a process advocate and responds to questions pertaining to the process
• Hosts Change Management Process Governance sessions
• Tracks process metrics and monitors process maturity, governing Managed Service Providers and McDonald's personnel
• Conducts periodic process audits and reviews change reports to ensure the quality of process related activities
• Sets process standards, builds process and governance requirements and initiates and/or manages continual improvement initiatives based on trend analysis and best practice research
• Maintains the service transition policy and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose
• Ensures teams follow the agreed service transition processes and procedures, promotes leading practices
• Oversees processes for transition scheduling, planning, prioritization, risk management and dependencies to ensure effective transition across Technology areas and Service Providers
• Works with operations process owners to establish routine "standard" changes
• Accountable for definition and process execution supporting Change and Release calendars
• Ensures Change Delivery and Service Providers are sufficiently engaged in transition of services into the production
• Oversees risk assessment and readiness assessments processes
• Initiates and approves communication and training plans as they relate to the process
• B.S. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is REQUIRED>
• ITIL Practitioner or Expert Certification is REQUIRED>
• 5+ years' experience with running Change and Release management processes for an organization
• 5+ years in depth experience defining, implementing, and improving ITSM processes
• 5+ years demonstrated leadership of large-scale ITSM program deployment and governance
• 5+ years of process development and IT operations experience
• 5+ years' of professional experience with global IT vendor landscape, services offered, and pricing and negotiations
• 3+ years' of professional experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholder relationships with customers and service providers
• 3+ years' professional experience with financial management, budget management and cost model development
• Capability to drive operational execution of supported processes when critical needs arise
• Business Acumen coupled with good technology understanding and awareness
• Strong people management experience and a demonstrated "challenge" mind-set
• Process design expertise and process excellence focus
• Experience working in an multi-managed service provider outsourced environment
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top