Industrial Engineer Manager, Process Design & Simulation
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us. From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
This position sits within the Global Operations Research group working out of the Chicago West Loop headquarters. A successful candidate will serve as an internal consultant to corporate functional teams and country Operations leaders on operational continuous improvement and innovation efforts.
Business Questions supported could include: Service & Kitchen platform optimization; assessment of new product, equipment, procedures, or staffing/positioning guides; new restaurant concept design; Restaurant capacity planning; Projection of operational impact of shifting trends in consumer behavior
The candidate will work cross functionally with teams representing Corporate Operations, Real Estate Development/Strategy, Restaurant Design, IT, Strategy, Digital, & Market Operations and Analytics.
The ideal candidate will be:>
- Committed to deeply understanding the details of current restaurant operations
- Knowledgeable and skilled in System Design, Continuous Improvement, Project Management, Operations, Process Design, Modeling and Simulation, Insights & Analytics
- Skilled at understanding complex processes
- Skilled at telling stories with quantitative data to audiences at all levels
- Equally comfortable leading external vendors to execute projects and rolling up his/her sleeves to manage data and perform analytics
- Self-starter who is confident working under tight timelines & competing demands
- Serve as process design lead for cross functional innovation projects and global market-facing consulting engagements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain insight and define the direction and methodologies to address business challenges
- Utilize process mapping and principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to understand and quantify processes
- Identify opportunities to improve throughput, capacity, and customer experience and prevent waste and inefficiency
- Provide insights and tools to support global Operations continuous improvement efforts
- Develop DOEs for testing potential solutions
- Support the development of valid and reliable innovation center lab tests and in-restaurant tests
- Build, maintain and productionalize discrete event simulation models to support the global Restaurant Solutions Group, functional partners, and global markets.
- Build and maintain the global service/production process documentation (e.g., process flows, time and motion studies, engineered standards, etc)
- Champion data driven Operations decision making and support the development of process design and simulation skills with market partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or related field. Master's or Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum 5 years business experience with dynamic responsibility in executing and leading process design and simulation/testing efforts
- Expertise with Arena Simulation Software preferred
- Prior consulting experience is highly preferred
- Knowledge of continuous process improvement processes, methods, and programs, such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S and the appropriate application of each.
- Big Data Analytics skills a plus: Querying languages (SQL, Postgres), open source data/analytics languages (Python), expertise with data analytics platforms (Alteryx), strong skills with data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Periodic travel to company locations in the U.S. and internationally for consulting, training or data collection (less than 20% travel commitment)
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top