HR Manager, McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
The successful candidate for this HR Manager role will demonstrate HR business partnership and excellent project management skills to execute the people strategy of McD Tech Labs. Areas of focus include, recruiting and retention strategies, onboarding strategy and execution, compensation, performance management, and talent management (including development and organizational planning). The continued rapid growth of this team creates an exciting opportunity for a candidate that desires to make a substantial impact within one of McDonald's major investment priorities! The ideal candidate will excel operating independently while still adhering to McDonald's standard methodologies.
- Forge strong partnerships to provide people perspective into the business unit's, mission, strategic plan and org structure
- Assist leaders to build robust HR plans based on greater levels of insights and identified needs from the functions
- Demonstrate the power of the Global HR function for subject matter expertise and delivery of HR support for key strategic priorities
- Provide function oversight to annual compensation process
- Guide compensation decisions for leadership hires and promotions
- Manage employee relations to insure a consistent application of policy and practice, including coaching/counseling, employee investigations, progressive discipline and problem resolution
- Actively support development and execution of the business's strategic plan, insuring that people are positioned to get results.
- Provide training and development, as needed, on HR policies, practices and initiative deployments.
- Adapt HR strategies into impactful initiatives that address team needs while also maintaining a broader connection to McDonald's people/engagement plan and initiatives
- Engage with hiring managers and recruitment firms on staffing plans; anticipate resource needs; participate on interview and selection teams of high level talent
- Manage performance motivation by driving high expectations, effective goal setting, development planning and talent discussion that enable top business performance.
- Continually identify ways to strengthen McD Tech Labs Employer Value Proposition
- Coach and enable leaders to optimize and develop a workforce including but not limited to identifying organizational capabilities required to deliver on strategy over the next 3-5 years.
- Ensure cultural preservation. Role model behaviors congruent to a culture of innovation with emphasis on expansion, simplicity and customer-centric response
- Stay aware of employment and market trends in the technology industry
- Minimum 5 years in an HR or management consulting position
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with employee relations and legal investigations (California experience a plus)
- Ability to work alongside senior leaders and coach/challenge as needed
- Ability to successfully execute against multiple tasks and deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to adapt approach to meet needs of audience
- Demonstrated ability to create relationships and influence partners
- Adept at forging a collaborative approach and aligning team members/resources
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top