Global Senior Internal Auditor
- London, United Kingdom
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
McDonald's Global Internal Audit (GIA) provides an essential service to both Senior Management and the Global Audit Committee to support and help the Company succeed in accomplishing its strategic and operational objectives.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity to join McDonald's team. This role supports the International GIA team to deliver risk-based assurance and advisory services across both International Operated Markets and International Developmental Licensed Markets.
Reporting directly to one of the two Managers International, GIA, this position is based in the UK with team members located in London, Munich and Hong Kong. The primary responsibility of the role is to provide independent and objective assurance and advice over the effectiveness of McDonald's governance, risk management and internal control processes. Providing assurance and advisory services is delivered through conducting operational, compliance, financial and financial reporting (Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404) audit engagements.
What team will I be part of?
The Global Internal Audit team, based internationally, forms part of the Global Finance Team. The team's priorities are to be: a Strategic Business Partner, Provide Innovative and Efficient Internal Audit Services, and Get Results through People.
You will collaborate and partner with:
- McDonald's Corporate Functions: Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Franchising, Operations/RSG etc.
- Senior Management and Functional Leads in McDonald's International Operated Markets and International Developmental Licensed Markets.
- International Business Unit teams who oversee and support the International Developmental Licensed Markets.
- McDonald's External Audit.
What will my key accountabilities be?
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of the department's annual internal audit plan for the International team.
- Assist and/or lead assurance and advisory audit engagements as part of a team and/or individually when necessary, covering all stages of the audit engagement process (planning, fieldwork & testing, reporting and follow-up activities).
- Planning: Develop and document an audit work program for the engagement, including the engagement's objective, scope, timing, budget and resource allocations relevant to the strategic and operational objectives, risks and controls of the entity/activity/process being audited.
- Fieldwork & testing: Identify, analyze, evaluate, and test internal controls. Record, document and maintain sufficient evidence and information to support audit findings and conclusions relevant to the objective and scope of the audit engagement.
- Reporting: Formally communicate and present the results of audit findings, conclusions and recommendations to Management, both verbally and written in the form of an audit report.
- Follow-up: Conduct re-testing as appropriate to ensure risk and/or control weaknesses have been timely and fully remediated through the implementation of management action plans.
- Support and coordinate co-source team members through audit execution when necessary.
- Provide timely and accurate communication and reporting of internal audit engagements to the following parties:
- Global Internal Audit Teams
- McDonald's Audit Committee
- Senior Management
- McDonald's Global and Segment Management
- Third Party External Auditors
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to help improve GIA's audit methodologies and processes.
- Work collaboratively with Management and auditees in the development of benefit, practical, and cost-effective recommendations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge about general business developments and new accounting/auditing standards to gain an understanding of their links and impact to the Company and its operations.
What background do I need to have?
- Masters or Bachelor's degree, preferably in an Accounting/Finance/Management field.
- Public accounting firm (Big Four) experience preferred although not necessary.
- Professionally qualified or studying towards the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA/CMIIA), Certified Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification is strongly preferred; others are a plus (such as CISA, CMA).
- Good understanding of both internal control and risk management frameworks.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Good attention to detail, critical thinking and able to problem solve.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills and confident.
- Self-motivated, working individually and as part of a team.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage workload, multi-task, adapt and forward plan.
- A 'can-do' positive attitude and keen to professionally develop.
- Competent IT skills, proficient in Excel and Word; (other software packages, such as PowerPoint are a plus).
- Good numeracy skills and ability to analyze and review financial information.
- Proven record of relationship building with key partners.
- Able to work flexibly and travel internationally (up to 40%).
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top