Global Mobility Supervisor
- Oak Brook, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
The McDonald's Global Mobility Team is responsible for leading the efforts to ensure our global assignee population (ex-pats, in-pats, third country nationals and localizations) moves are executed in an efficient and effective manner. We collaborate with our global assignees and key internal and external stakeholders to provide a great experience that allows our assignees to focus on their business role, while we ensure all aspects of their move and living away from their home country are seamless. This is a great opportunity for an individual to gain broad perspective of McDonald's and the Global Business Services (GBS) People team.
As a Global Mobility Supervisor, you will help drive greater business value and partnership to our global assignee population as well as across all internal functions such as Global People, Payroll, Employment Tax and Finance. You will assist in executing on the day to days global mobility needs as we move staff and leaders across the globe.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations to ensure payroll and all associated costs are correctly charged back to areas of the world markets. Responsible for review of journal entries to charge back expenses related to payroll and benefits to the various markets
- Participate in the development of McDonald's global mobility program in alignment with McDonald's HR strategies and HR organization structure
- Review and communicate tax equalization transactions for global assignee populations. Ensure that our inbound and expatriate population is handled correctly from a tax, payroll, benefits and communications perspective.
- Manage complex expatriate tax issues facing McDonald's globally mobile population, including individual compliance, equity compliance and executive compensation issues
- Support, train and develop Global Mobility Staff
- Collaborate and advise on year-end add to earnings adjustments and intercompany chargebacks.
- Facilitate relationships with Global Assignees, teams involved in global assignments and relocations, Corporate Controller Group, Area of the World Markets, and other Stakeholders.
- 5+ years of Global Mobility expertise with knowledge of expatriate tax, compensation and relocation issues
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field
- Knowledge of payroll, benefits and compensation for mobile employees
- Communicates effectively with individuals of all levels and backgrounds
- Quality and customer service orientation
- Organization skills - proven experience in managing competing priorities
- Proven persistence in the face of obstacles and challenges
- Understanding of mobility programs, processes and policies that facilitate quality control and program enhancements
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top