Finance Manager - Technology
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Supporting our Technology organization, the ideal candidate will provide strong financial partnership telling the financial story of the many technology products and initiatives supporting our restaurants across the world. The individual will bring experience in the area of planning & analysis, energy and desire to learn, and the ability to communicate to, and partner with, non-financial teams to meet critical objectives. The Manager and support team will ensure key financial considerations of all projects are well understood, clearly communicated, and closely supervised.
The team will be responsible, specifically, for understanding the status and priority of multiple technology projects, projecting and communicating cost estimates, recommending adjustments to ensure a balance between project status and financial standing, and understanding the cost implications to not only McDonald's Corporation but to our franchisees as well. Further, with McDonald's significant footprint of global restaurants, customer touch-points, and franchisee interaction the products you'll work with will be impactful to many partners.
- Manage and develop a small team of professionals
- Build positive relationships within the technology and finance teams which enable transparent conversations and effective action plans
- Ensure financial targets are understood, track actual and projected cost evolution (including monthly close cycle), report and communicate status with various teams, including officers
- Work with the business partners to build and understand the annual financial plan. Track performance against that plan throughout the year adding insight to risks and opportunities along the way.
- Understand the key business drivers of the products you support as well as how they are affecting the restaurants performance and P&L
- Partner with the IT teams to help identify risks to project costs and opportunities to capture savings
- Build and articulate financial models founded in operational realities
- 8+ years of dynamic experience in fields related to finance & accounting including FP&A roles crafting and delivering on project budgets
- Prior experience managing and developing direct reports
- Strong Excel analytical skills including work with large data sets and the ability to build insightful financial models as needed. Ability to teach others how to interpret the results.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfort and ability working with officer-level partners including the ability to form relationships, communicate effectively and efficiently, and find collaborative solutions.
- Strong business & financial acumen including, tactical and critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top