Director of Technology Finance
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
McDonald's is looking for a strong Director of Technology Finance to join our team in support of the Company's strategic vision to provide best in class technology solutions and support to our global business and franchisee partners.
Leading a team of 10+, the ideal candidate will provide strong financial leadership across both our Finance and global Technology teams. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work within teams and across strategic technology project pipelines to ensure key financial considerations are well understood, clearly communicated, and closely monitored.
Partnering with key Technology officers, the candidate will bridge the gap from strategic intent to financial viability in a dynamic and growing area of the Company. To ensure this is effectively managed the Director will ensure: strategic priorities and financial resources are aligned; financial implications of proposed projects are understood up-front and as projects evolve; project costs are appropriately tracked and communicated; leadership has recommendations on ways to stay on budget while still achieving key objectives; product costs charged to McDonald's franchisees are well tracked and understood, and more as outlined below.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a team of approximately 10 professionals
- Build positive relationships across the technology and finance teams which enable open conversations and effective action plans
- Engage with many individual initiative owners to understand current and potential projects; help shape project progression while ensuring financial implications are understood and communicated
- Build and articulate financial models founded in operational realities
- Lead presentations to and discussions with management as necessary
- Build strong processes for budget monitoring, recording and tracking
- Partner with global subsidiaries to evaluate and communicate impact to their businesses, including franchisee impact
- Engage with Senior Leadership to build long-term plans for the growth of our technology footprint and related financial implications to both McDonald's and our franchsiees.
- 12+ years of dynamic experience in fields related to finance & accounting
- Ability to network within a large organization and build trusted partnerships; influence through insight and collaboration
- Strong ability to build insightful financial models in Excel coupled with the ability to guide others how to interpret the results
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluctuating deadlines at times (depending on the project and its status)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, desire to deliver results
- Strong business & financial acumen including, tactical and critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate immediate and long-term implications of potential decisions; Ability to identify dependencies across multiple initiatives
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top