Director, Global Technology - Strategy & Planning
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
McDonald's new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald's will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald's Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It's bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
You will lead the Global Program Management Office (GPMO) strategic development and mobilization efforts in support of our technology priorities. The key components of this role is to define, execute and enhance our annual planning process and drive financial planning and governance. You will provide executive-level communication and analysis regarding financial performance and release of funds for future work.
The Director will be a self-driven, strategic leader who has experience in strategic planning, project management, consulting, and communications along with strong financial acumen.
- Lead the strategic planning process for Global Technology, with a particular focus on key strategic initiatives for McDonald's as part of overall organizational strategy.
- Lead the team's external market and competitive intelligence gathering, identification and recommendation of strategic issues and opportunities based on business needs.
- Conduct business modeling activities to assess potential impact of strategic priorities and recommendations and work with cross functional teams to establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms and provide necessary updates.
- Work as a connection point between GPMO activities and strategic priorities to continually align activities with organizational objectives.
- Mature the GPMO operating model, in support of delivering our technology objectives across to include Annual Planning (short and long term), Executive Communications, Talent Development Strategy, Project Intake and Prioritization Process, Capacity Management, Financial Governance Routines and Tooling Maturity.
- Work with strategic partners (internal and external to McDonald's) to define and implement effective integrated Operating Models.
- Manage special projects that impact the entire organization and/or key business-unit partner.
- Partner and advise GPMO Leaders on topics relevant to their own functional areas.
- Act as a Subject Matter Resource on strategic and operational activities, questions and leading practices.
- Help communicate our strategy across GPMO and McDonald's.
- Provide executive communications and analysis regarding status of all large initiatives, working to resolve conflicts or potential risks.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences.
- May assist in recruiting and interviewing individuals based on team goals and objectives.
- Advanced degree in business administration, strategy, finance, data analytics, IT or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience and technical/functional expertise in one or several of the following areas: management consulting, financial analysis, public policy, mergers and acquisitions, operations and/or marketing.
- Effective people management skills, provide direction, set priorities and deliver coaching to support talent development.
- Proven ability to influence seniors and peers without direct authority; experience leading cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Mature problem solving, analytical, oral and written communication, and presentation skills; advanced MS Office skills.
- Consumer products experience preferred but not required.
- Talented facilitator who skillfully leads strategy and planning discussions.
- Self-driven, detail oriented leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working "in the gray" while defining the way forward.
- Strong Project Management skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top