Director Finance Initiatives
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We are looking for a Director of Finance Initiatives to join our team in support of the Company's strategic growth priorities. The individual will bring energy and insight as they work across the organization ensuring key financial considerations are understood and incorporated into various projects and initiatives. The individual will manage a small team while interacting with many different functions as well as with Company leadership. Projects and initiatives will initially focus on the economics of both acquisition integration as well as the rollout of R&D projects across the globe. Additionally, there will be strong engagement with functional areas of the Company to understand how financial investments are prioritized across the Company.
- Manage a team of 2-3 direct reports ensuring the team continues its strong development individually and collectively
- Build positive relationships across the organization founded on understanding for how the business operates today and how it is evolving to meet our financial and operational objectives in the future
- Engage with initiative owners to understand current and potential projects; help shape project progression while ensuring financial implications are understood and communicated
- Providing financial leadership & analysis to support key strategic investment decisions for the Business
- Build and articulate financial models founded in operational realities
- Lead presentations to senior management as necessary
- Responsibility for overall FP&A and budget tracking for various projects
- Partner with global subsidiaries to evaluate and communicate impact to their businesses of pending project implementation
- Assist in future business development activity
- Perform project work as needed on various projects as determined by senior finance management
- 10+ years of progressive experience in fields related to finance & accounting
- Ability to network within a large organization and build trusted partnerships; influence through insight and collaboration
- Strong ability to build insightful financial models in Excel coupled with the ability to instruct others how to interpret the results
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluctuating deadlines at times (depending on the project and its status)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, desire to deliver results
- Foundational knowledge of accounting: ability to identify and advance issues which may have accounting implications; collaborate with the FP&A and Corporate Controllership teams on these items
- Ability to effectively scrutinize and challenge project assumptions; interpret strategies and priorities through a financial lens
- Strong business & financial acumen including, tactical and critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate immediate and long-term implications of potential decisions; Ability to identify dependencies across multiple initiatives
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top