Director, Drive-thru Experience / Digital Customer Engagement
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
McDonald's has long been an industry leader, innovating to deliver improvements in the experience for our customers. In recent years, digital platforms have become an increasingly critical part of delivering phenomenal customer experience. We have invested to build assets and capabilities that will take advantage of this growing consumer interest in digital, including upgrades to the mobile app, as well as installation of self-order kiosks, and digital menu boards.
We have built a new Digital Customer Engagement ("DCE") team to develop and deploy smart digital investments that improve experiences for our customers and drive visits, sales and cash flow for the system. Under the leadership of Chief Digital Customer Engagement Officer Lucy Brady, who was recently recognized by Restaurant Business >on their 2020 Power 20 list, >DCE's vision is to make digital experiences more personal, more convenient and better value for our customers with an agile 'test, learn and improve' mindset. The role of the DCE team is to set the overall digital strategy and define digital customer solutions across ordering, payment, personalization, loyalty, and delivery. In addition to setting the overall digital vision and strategy, DCE will help markets accelerate opportunities, consolidate lessons to share across markets, measures progress and drive continuous improvement and enhancements to the McDonald's customer experience.
We are seeking a Director, Drive-thru Experience to own the enhancement of the drive-thru customer journey with McDonald's DCE capabilities, including Loyalty, Segmented Offers and Personalization. In this role, you will be responsible for translating the "voice of the customer" into the overall strategy for the drive-thru. Specifically, you will work directly with DCE leadership and Global Tech counterparts to prioritize business requirements and associated experience concepts, approve customer experience decisions and improve our ability to engage with and know our customers globally. This role will report directly to the Vice President, Digital Experience / Channels.
- Lead enhancement of holistic customer journey by prioritizing drive-thru business requirements and experience concepts
- Approve and provide feedback on UX design wireframes and customer experience concepts for the drive-thru
- Work directly with DCE counterparts and end-to-end customer experience to detail drive-thru business requirements across DCE capabilities (e.g., Loyalty, Segmented Offers, Personalization, etc.)
- Partner closely with Global Tech team to align on prioritized requirements and experience concepts for design and development
- Analyze progress and customer response to kiosk customer journeys and advise measurable insights
Key Proficiencies include:
- Demonstrated experience driving customer engagement by creating a compelling digital experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with UX design, customer experience, and drive-thru technology systems/specifications and interdependencies
- Experience shaping customer behavior to drive business growth via the drive-thru or related digital platform
- Capable of translating business requirements to customer experience concepts via the drive-thru or related digital platform
- Passion for the McDonald's customer
- Ability to act as the "voice of the customer" and ensure their needs are translated into a compelling experience
- Experience interacting directly with cross-functional teams
- Capable collaborating with senior counterparts (strong written and verbal communication)
- Good sense of curiosity with genuine desire to learn and think with agility - identifying patterns/trends and applying them in new and unfamiliar situations
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment, with the willingness to make quick decisions based on continuous prioritization and evolving customer needs
- Bachelors or Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years in customer experience role
- 3+ years of consumer / retail company preferred
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top