Director, Digital Strategy & Prioritization / Digital Customer Engagement
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald's, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement!
McDonald's has long been an industry leader, innovating to deliver improvements in the experience for our customers. In recent years, digital platforms have become an increasingly critical part of delivering a great customer experience. McDonald's has invested to build assets and capabilities to take advantage of this growing consumer interest in digital, including upgrades to the mobile app, the installation of digital self-order kiosks, and the installation of digital menu boards.
We have built a new Digital Customer Engagement ("DCE") team to develop and deploy smart digital investments that improve experiences for our customers and drive visits, sales and cash flow for the system. DCE's vision is to make digital experiences more personal, more convenient and better value for our customers with an agile 'test, learn and improve' mindset. The role of the DCE team is to set the overall digital strategy and define digital customer solutions across ordering, payment, personalization, loyalty, and delivery. In addition to setting the overall digital vision and strategy, DCE will help markets accelerate opportunities, consolidate lessons to share across markets, measure progress and drive continuous improvement and enhancements to the McDonald's customer experience.
McDonald's is seeking a Director, Digital Strategy and Prioritization to evolve and own the company's overall strategy for digital customer engagement. In this role, you will work with DCE team leadership to articulate a digital vision for the company, prioritize digital initiatives into an overall roadmap, and lead strategic reviews for potential new initiatives. This role will report to the Senior Director, Digital Insights & Analytics.
- Own overall strategic vision for Digital Customer Engagement, working with DCE team leadership
- Build materials to articulate a strategic vision to internal and external partners
- Build and evolve prioritization roadmap for digital initiatives and use cases based on robust criteria and business cases (developed with Finance)
- Support development of the 3-year roadmap for DCE in collaboration with global cross-functional teams and markets
- Lead strategic projects related to potential new digital initiatives to help determine direction and prioritization
- Collaborate with and engage key partners across digital teams (both inside and outside of DCE org) to manage strategic priorities
- Build materials to support key forums for internal and external partners
- Support DCE leadership on special projects, as needed
Key Competencies include:
- Strategist and leader with strong intuition
- First-principles thinking around business performance business drivers, and overall competitive landscape
- Experience managing sophisticated and ambiguous projects
- An understanding of consumer-facing businesses, with emphasis on businesses with a digital component
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Capable of addressing and disagreeing with senior leaders
- Ability to collaborate across teams, form relationships, and influence key partners
- Strong project leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across teams and functions
- Bachelors or Master's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in management consulting or equivalent industry experience,
- Post-MBA experience is preferred
- Experience on digital strategy topics, with an emphasis on customer-facing digital experiences
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top