Data Solutions Architect
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
As a member of McDonald's Global Product Engineering & Data team, this individual will lead data solution architecture, data integration and collaborate on DevOps initiatives in a hybrid-cloud environment. We need a collaborative, proactive teammate capable of partnering with product owners, fellow architects, multi-functional project team members, and business partners to groom product requirements, follow high standards and drive the continuous integration and deployment of data platform capabilities. The successful candidate understands how to balance service delivery with continuous process improvement and automation to architect reliable, and stable data platform capabilities.
- Experience in AWS data focused solution architecture and design to meet needs of critical business applications, reporting, and analytics.
- Experience in architecting solutions using ETL technologies such as Talend or Informatica to implement robust batch and real-time data integrations
- Design, build, conduct code reviews for ETLs and provide guidance to developers
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to research, architect, and automate the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) of a wide variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources hosting data platform components
- Experience architecting and provisioning of AWS resources including, but not limited to EC2 Linux and Windows instances, Lambda, S3, EFS, RDS, Redshift, CodeCommit, Kinesis, Athena, and EMR
- Agile project leadership of self and others including fellow architects, developers, operators, and suppliers partnering in the delivery of AWS services used by the data platform
- Continuous improvements to intake request, CI/CD, CM, and other processes
- Leads internal people and external consultants, conducts performance reviews and provides career mentorship
For this position, McDonald's will not be offering immigration sponsorship for this role
- Bachelor's degree in relevant business or technical field IS REQUIRED.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting solutions in AWS with a majority of the following: AWS, Atlassian Suite products including Jira/BitBucket/Confluence, Python or Lambda, Linux bash shell
- 3+ year of professional experience in ETL tools such as Talend or Informatica
- Professional experience in provisioning big data solutions using AWS Analytics services and frameworks (e.g., EMR, Spark, Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- Proficiency with AWS including: Amazon Redshift, EC2, EMR, Spark, S3, Kinesis and RDS Databases
- Experience in Agile software development, and infrastructure management
- Ability to make the appropriate recommendations based on the AWS Well-Architected framework and best practices for multiple AWS service categories including Compute, Storage, Database, Network & Content Delivery, Security, Identity, and Compliance, Management & Governance, Machine Learning, and Development Tools
- Understanding of other cloud service provider offerings including Azure & Google Cloud
- Experience with AWS Athena and Glue
- Excellent written, verbal, and meeting facilitation skills
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top