Data Scientist, ML Evaluation - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
We are proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. McDonald's is people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the globe by building a workforce with different strengths who make delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every single day as a chance to have a lasting impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining kind neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a passionate team to help us. This means the company is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on crafting memorable experiences for our customers, employees and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data-driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for a talented data scientistto work with technology, engineering, and other data scientists to define success of machine learning software and help establishour ML evaluation team atMcDTech Labs. You will be tasked with defining how we evaluate quality of our machine learning algorithms and models that operate with petabyte-scale worth of customer interaction data. Whatevaluationdatasets makesense?How do we craft and curate such data sets? What data mining techniques and systems are necessary to identify such data across diverse regions and stores worldwide?
The ideal candidate will have previous experienceusing advanced analytics techniques and creating ML models to tackle diverse and large-scale ML data challenges.
- Work with teams of data scientists in the ML evaluation work of our AI Drive Through Product
- Collaborate with technology, engineering, and other data science team leaders to define success of machine learning software development lifecycle.
- Create andownoverall ML model and systemevaluationdatasets,methodology,process and frameworks
- Craft test cases and regressions suites for ML models operating at petabyte scale.
- Employdata mining and statistical techniques to tackle diverse and large-scale ML data challenges.
- Providecross-functional teams and leadership with regular updates and strategic guidance regarding ML model quality through evaluation test framework
- Master's or PhD Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data science with proven experience leading a team of Data Scientists
- 3+ years of Python experience working withbig-data
- Strong understanding of high-performance algorithms,anddatamining
- Experiencein developing state-of-the-art data science techniques for large-scale machine learning products
- Strong understanding of ML data pipelines, from defining, collecting to crafting ground truth and training/testing data sets for MLmodels
- Demonstratedability to facilitate and coordinate complex data design and development activities across teams in agile sprints with minimal direction
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top