Data Architect- Oracle
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.
- Act as the Business Analyst for Data for multiple initiatives. Solve data issues (Consistency/Quality/Alignment/Meaning etc) for these initiatives.
- Lead the Power BI COE for Financial Systems and HR/Payroll.
- Cater to long term reporting needs of the Finance organization.
- Document data models and data flow diagrams as required for both modern systems and Legacy Systems.
- Define the Data Archiving, Migration and Data conversion strategy for Finance and HR/Payroll applications.
- Assist the Application Leaders in forming Data Archiving strategy for their respective applications with cost, data retention policies and recovery SLAs in mind.
- Design Data solutions for our modern Finance, HR and Payroll systems.
- Convert business requirements to data needs.
- Scale data platforms to meet performance requirements
- Define and design non-functional requirements for data platforms for Finance.
- Power BI Administration expertise.
- Expertise in one or more reporting tools preferably Oracle OBIEE/Oracle Analytics Cloud/Cloud ERP OTBI.
- Well versed with a variety of Data architectures that enable Financial Systems, HR and Payroll.
- Have implemented Data Architecture for Finance/HR/Payroll applications for multi-country Rollouts.
- Good understanding of Oracle ERP Finance Data, either Oracle Cloud ERP or Oracle EBS.
- Understanding of Finance data in the context of a Franchisee business.
- Have worked with data from General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables and Lease etc.
- Have designed ETL and data transformation layers for major data conversion and data harmonization efforts involving multiple source systems across multiple countries.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and be an SME in multiple data initiatives.
- Ability to understand complex data landscapes across different technologies from modern to decades old legacy footprint.
- Ability to understand and anticipate data needs for Finance and ERP applications.
- Well versed with standard reference architectures for Data with insights in applying them for ERP applications.
- Project Management capabilities: Manage offshore teams, costs and project dependencies across multiple internal and external teams.
- Stakeholder Management: Manage expectations across IT and Finance Business stakeholders across initiatives. Must be experienced in working in a matrixed organization.
- Technical expertise in ETL and Database design.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top