Audit Senior, Technology and Digital Audit
- Chicago, IL
Refer A Friend
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald's, but to build a better McDonald's.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we've launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
McDonald's has been evolving rapidly, from improving the customer's digital experience and introducing delivery throughout the world, to shifting our sourcing to farms that produce cage-free eggs. McDonald's strives to deliver a "wow" experience for customers, support a balanced model that improves care of animals and the environment, and uphold our industry-leading quality standards.
Do you have a passion for Technology? Are you comfortable with operating systems like Windows and Linux, cloud environments (e.g. Azure, AWS), databases, scripting, and data analytics? Are you looking forward to learn, develop new skills and dive deep into new technology areas with your colleagues, onsite and off-shore? We have an outstanding opportunity for a hardworking standout colleague to join our Technology Team within the Global Internal Audit function.
McDonald's is pursuing major IT and digital initiatives that include new brand engagement, e-commerce, service delivery, cybersecurity, privacy, and digital content capabilities and we are seeking passionate team members who want to thrive in this dynamic environment, based in our headquarters in downtown Chicago.
The role of Global Technology Senior Auditor includes conducting technology-focused assessments in areas such as cybersecurity, digital solutions, and privacy, participating in regular risk discussions with leadership, and overseeing financial compliance audits. Audit assessments and compliance activities are conducted for internal clients at our headquarters and at locations around the world.
- Perform assessments covering topics including IT general controls, privacy and customer data protection, network security, platforms or servers' technical reviews and penetration testing, web application audits and business functional process reviews to determine the adequacy of controls and evaluate their effectiveness. These audits include SOX compliance, integrated audits and data analytics projects.
- You will work with IT leadership on topics including technology and digital strategies, privacy and related regulations, customer loyalty program, and cybersecurity. Partner with management to improve effective identify risks and improve the control environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging technology topics including cybersecurity, DevOps, privacy compliance, and data governance.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in risk assessments to identify and measure key risks throughout the organization.
- Guide and assist the Technology & Digital Audit team in conducting multiple concurrent technology audits and leading the delivery of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT controls testing by our off-shore team.
- Lead risk-based audits effectively, developing risk and control matrices and effectively executing audits that are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Communicate progress of projects to IT Audit Director/Manager on a timely basis. Lead audit team resources through appropriate planning activities and utilization of departmental tools.
- Contribute towards the professional development of IT Audit staff by sharing knowledge, providing training, guidance, coaching, and support.
- Lead fellow auditors and specialists through daily interaction and work oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or other Technical area
- 2+ years of related work experience, preferably in a large company or Big 4 accounting firm
- Experience in delivering and leading information technology audits, financial compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley) audits, program and system implementation reviews, and advisory projects; or experience in design, development, (pen-)testing, data conversion, and deployment
- Experience in managing teams, delivering high-quality audit work products, and communicating effectively with various partners (e.g., external/internal audit, senior management, etc.)
- Solid understanding of information technology, business processes and financial reporting audits and familiarity with control frameworks such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, PCI, ISO, SOX, and global data privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- Strong knowledge across a breadth of IT processes, including but not limited to: security operations, program management, security administration, system operations, change management, modern development (e.g., DevOps, Agile), data governance, privacy, and incident/problem management
- Proven leadership skills and a tendency to lead through influence, lead by example, build relationship and collaborate
- Available to travel (domestic and international) up to 15%
- Professional credentials preferred (CISA, CISSP, CEH, CIPT, CDPSE or comparable).
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top