Audio Signal Processing Engineer - McD Tech Labs
- Mountain View, CA
Refer A Friend
McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald's Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald's Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald's unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for an audio signal processing engineer to research and develop state-of-the-art deep-learning-based audio signal processing algorithms using real-world audio data from our AI Drive Thru solution. The Audio Signal Processing Engineer will be a key member of the speech team within the core technology group at McD Tech Labs and will have the ability to make a large impact on our AI Drive Thru technology.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art deep-learning-based audio signal processing algorithms for tasks such as noise suppression, beamforming, acoustic feedback cancellation, and acoustic environment classification using real-world audio data
- Actively benchmark front-end signal processing performance vs. state-of-the-art algorithms
- Work closely with Acoustic Modeling team on algorithm selection and development to improve voice user experience
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Software Engineering teams to deploy audio signal processing solutions into production
- Ph.D. (or M.S. with 3+ years professional experience) in Computer Science, Speech Recognition, Acoustics, Machine Learning, Physics, or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in audio signal processing for speech recognition
- 3+ years of Python, C++, or C experience
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks, such as MxNet, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage various stakeholders
- History of success in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to change focus and pivot quickly
- Peer-reviewed publications or patents in audio signal modeling or signal processing
- Experience with speech or signal processing toolkits such as Kaldi, Espresso, Espnet
- Experience with Linux development
- Familiarity with other fields of speech technology such as acoustic modeling, speaker diarization, speech activity detection, noise cancellation, echo suppression, language identification
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Back to top