Working Location: Shelton, CT
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
Travel required: 0%
MBI, Inc., a leader in the direct marketing industry, is looking for an accomplished iSeries professional to manage the group responsible for the design, coding, and testing efforts for its largest division. The individual we seek will possess a BS or BA degree and the skills necessary to make an immediate impactand will have the ambition and ability to rapidly assume significantly greater levels of responsibility and leadership.
This is a management position, though responsibilities will also include a significant amount of hands-on programming and project management, working with developers, establishing time lines, QA/testing, etc. In addition to possessing good administrative skills, the successful candidate will interact will all levels of users so communication, personality and presentation are very important.
- 10+ years of ILE/RPG-Free programming with a strong grasp of functions, modules and service programs.
- Strong background in SQL, including tables, indices, views, stored procedures, CTEs, etc…
- Extensive knowledge of OS400, CL, Query 400, sub files, databases and system design.
- Ability to translate business requirements into sound technical solutions while interfacing with a variety of business units and users.
- Strong communication (oral and written), organization, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Supervisory skills/experience
- Experience working with change management software packages (preferably Implementer)
- Process engineering skills
- In-depth knowledge of iSeries communications
- Production problem-solving skills to provide continuous operation, including off-premises on-call support.
This is an excellent opportunity with a stable and successful 45-year old Fairfield County company. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus and 401(k) plan.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume including salary history below or to:
15 Forest Parkway
Shelton, CT 06484
Meet Some of MBI's Employees
Senior Product Development Manager
Part of the company’s Danbury Mint Division, Monica oversees MBI Inc. jewelry, handbag, and small collectible item ideas, all the way from conception to completion.
Back to top