At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
We're a hybrid of the expertise you get from top-tier consulting firm and the agility you expect from a leading technology firm. Our solutions capitalize on the evolution of digital technology trends that are social, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud. Our employees have the opportunity to gain invaluable experiences in this unique work environment and make a significant impact on the success of our company.
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. For the 3rd consecutive year, Maven Wave has landed a spot on the Crain's Fast Fifty list of the fastest growing companies in Chicago. Additionally, Maven Wave has been named a "Best and Brightest Company to Work For" in Chicago for the past 3 years. If you are looking accelerate your career and gain rewarding professional experience in a collaborative and innovative environment, Maven Wave is the place for you.
With the objective to delight customers in a digital transformation and cloud first world, Maven Wave strives to be a differentiator in providing exceptional services and solutions to a variety of clients. You will be required to work at the client's location in the Chicago region and carry out the responsibilities related to design, development, deployment, testing and documentation of software solutions as it pertains to the project.
Working within a highly cross functional team and Agile environment, you'll spend time on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge frameworks, to highly-available web apis and backend infrastructures. You'll be part of the team responsible for bringing a solid experience in emerging as well as traditional technologies. We are looking for candidates with high levels of self-motivation, ability to learn, adapt and deliver in rapidly changing technology landscapes.
At Maven Wave, we offer to make you part of a strong team, bring exciting challenges and learning opportunities and provide a fun place to work.
- Passion to stay on top of technology trends, experiment and learn new technologies and ability to use them in delivering enterprise solutions.
- Experience working with multiple teams and within complex organizational structures.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree/experience
- 8 - 12 years of solution architecture and/or software development experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in technology consulting
- Advanced skills and knowledge of the Java technology stack and spring framework
- Frontend/Web development experience with Angular, HTML, CSS
- Database development skills and understanding of both RDBMS and NOSQL technologies.
- Strong understanding and proven record of Agile development and delivery.
- Experience planning and driving agile adoption that focuses equally on process as well as engineering practices like TDD, BDD, SOLID, and DevOps
- Strong understanding of test automation and measuring quality.
- Experience working with AWS and Atlassian product suite
- Apply your expertise to assure our customer’s success.
- Providing technical direction to MW team and clients.
- Defining architecture direction.
- Helping resolve technical issues / impediments.
- Commitment to Maven Wave’s values of quality and excellence.
Want to know a little more about what makes us Mavens? Late last year we pulled everyone (80+ of us!) into the office for a few days to re-vamp our values and talk about the type of culture we wanted for our company. As a group, we came up with a set of new Maven Wave ideals, which are used to describe ourselves and the characteristics we look for in candidates. We expect our employees to embody the following core values: Leadership, Impact, Judgement, Passion, Aptitude, and Communication. If these are ideals that are important to you, then you’ll fit right in!
Back to top