Receptionist / Office Manager
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. For the 3rd consecutive year, Maven Wave has landed a spot on the Crain's Fast Fifty list of the fastest growing companies in Chicago. Additionally, Maven Wave has been named a "Best and Brightest Company to Work For" in Chicago for the past 3 years. If you are looking accelerate your career and gain rewarding professional experience in a collaborative and innovative environment, Maven Wave is the place for you.
Our Receptionist/Office manager moved to Austin, Texas but if you can still endure Chicago winters, then consider becoming a Maven. The Receptionist/ Office Manager plays a crucial role in shaping and maintaining company culture. Your will be joining our busy operations team (HR, Recruiting, Marketing and Finance) and helping us to support our 100+ US and India based employees. If you hate being bored and are someone who asks “what else I can do?” ….then this job is for you. Our new team member should be willing to do everything from empty the dishwasher to help plan our annual Cubs outing (but don’t worry - when you take a day off, we will pitch in and empty the dishwasher ourselves). Our team members wear many different hats and we are looking for someone who looks good wearing SEVERAL as well!
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Opening the office; check to ensure everything is in order.
- Maintaining the aesthetic integrity of the office (including but not limited to conference rooms, kitchen, front desk, etc.). We have beautiful new offices so you if you are someone who likes to keep things looking nice, you will fit right in.
- General office support ranging from: ordering and organizing supplies, making sure we have plenty of healthy snacks (okay, and soda!), setup and teardown for large meetings, order lunches, book travel, and more!
- Arrange for visitors’ arrival, greet visitors, and make our guests feel welcome.
- Manage the relationships with our building maintenance, security, and facility vendors.
- Support the hiring process and recruiting team: schedule interviews, track and collect applications, manage interview days, coordinate travel, execute background checks, etc.
- Arrange and participate in New Hire Orientation.
- Assist HR with all necessary paperwork: organizing benefits paperwork, creating employee files, immigration, etc.
- Maintain our relationship with charity partner, Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, which includes planning, communicating and organizing our involvement with charity events.
- Help our team building and enhancing our corporate culture by planning company events and outings.
- Facilitate the performance review process.
- Managing the visa process for employees traveling between US and India and arrange accommodations.
- Assist the operations team, partners, and consultants with ad hoc projects when time allows.
Want to know a little more about what makes us Mavens? Late last year we pulled everyone (80+ of us!) into the office for a few days to re-vamp our values and talk about the type of culture we wanted for our company. As a group, we came up with a set of new Maven Wave ideals, which are used to describe ourselves and the characteristics we look for in candidates. We expect our employees to embody the following core values: Leadership, Impact, Judgement, Passion, Aptitude, and Communication. If these are ideals that are important to you, then you’ll fit right in!
Check us out at www.mavenwave.com to learn more. We have a strategic relationships with Google and take pride in helping our clients navigate digital transformations.
Back to top