At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
We're a hybrid of the expertise you get from top-tier consulting firm and the agility you expect from a leading technology firm. Our solutions capitalize on the evolution of digital technology trends that are social, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud. Our employees have the opportunity to gain invaluable experiences in this unique work environment and make a significant impact on the success of our company.
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. For the 3rd consecutive year, Maven Wave has landed a spot on the Crain's Fast Fifty list of the fastest growing companies in Chicago. Additionally, Maven Wave has been named a "Best and Brightest Company to Work For" in Chicago for the past 3 years. If you are looking accelerate your career and gain rewarding professional experience in a collaborative and innovative environment, Maven Wave is the place for you.
Maven Wave is looking for competent technologists that love learning and working in a highly collaborative, team-based format. If you are a self-starter that loves getting into leading technologies, overcoming challenges, and sharing your expertise with your teammates and clients, then this is the right job for you.
Maven Wave has a need for multiple developers and tech leads, initially focused on delivering business-valued systems within an Agile-Scrum framework for a large client in the food distribution industry. This is a greenfield initiative, with the planned technical stack being comprised of Angular-Java-Oracle.
Required Team-Oriented and Consultative Skills:
- 2+ years experience working with enterprise solution delivery
- Experience working in an Agile-Scrum based development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience using Agile-enabling concepts such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Extreme Programming, DevOps
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented principles and design patterns, SOLID principles
- Experience with J2EE frameworks and standard development tools such as: Eclipse, Subversion, Maven, Bamboo,, JUnit, mocking tools, Selenium
- Must have experience working as a Java developer performing implementation/project work
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with front-end automation testing frameworks such as Mocha or Jasmine
- Familiarity with Selenium or similar
- Familiarity with Oracle Siebel is a plus
- Familiarity with Kony is a plus
- Experience working with Weblogic or related web server infrastructure
- Database development skills including SQL programming, solid understanding of relational database technologies, logical and physical data modeling
- Working knowledge of Oracle technology stack
Want to know a little more about what makes us Mavens? Late last year we pulled everyone (80+ of us!) into the office for a few days to re-vamp our values and talk about the type of culture we wanted for our company. As a group, we came up with a set of new Maven Wave ideals, which are used to describe ourselves and the characteristics we look for in candidates. We expect our employees to embody the following core values: Leadership, Impact, Judgement, Passion, Aptitude, and Communication. If these are ideals that are important to you, then you’ll fit right in!
Back to top