Human Resources Generalist
About Maven Wave Partners:
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. For the 3rd consecutive year, Maven Wave has landed a spot on the Crain's Fast Fifty list of the fastest growing companies in Chicago. Additionally, Maven Wave has been named a "Best and Brightest Company to Work For" in Chicago for the past 3 years. If you are looking accelerate your career and gain rewarding professional experience in a collaborative and innovative environment, Maven Wave is the place for you.
The HR Generalist will administer all aspects of human resources and assist in recruiting top talent for our fast growing company. You will join our Operations Team (HR, Recruiting, Marketing and Finance) who support our 80 US and 40 India based consultants. This highly visible role is a great opportunity for someone that is results focused and has an entrepreneurial mindset, looking for increased responsibility and influence within an organization. If you are a generalist who wants to influence decisions based on data, passion and have some fun - this job is for you!
- Providing high service levels to our consultants on all matters relating to benefits (health/401k), payroll, status changes, and other areas.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships internally and externally and collaborating with other members of the operations team.
- Coordinating and managing external HR vendors (e.g. ADP, benefit providers, etc.).
- Make sure our Mavens understand all aspects of our benefit plans. Communicating in person, email, SnapChat, etc. with employees so they are able to make informed decisions.
- Own the Onboarding of our new employees. As a team we will all participate in this on-boarding but you will own and update the process and play the biggest role.
- Manage HR policies and make suggestion to management re: updates, new laws, new trends, etc.
- Maintaining human resource information system records and compiling related reports.
- Familiarity with applicable employment laws and maintaining organizational compliance.
- Collaborating with the operations team in designing and improving processes and procedures to support our growth.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while providing excellent client service.
- Assisting the recruiting team in searching and conducting phone screens.
- Willingness and desire to support other projects.
- 2-3 years of human resources experience, preferably benefits administration and payroll administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree .
- High levels of discretion and judgement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with extreme attention to detail.
- High levels of computer literacy: Google Apps preferred.
- Strong time management skills, organized and the ability to work efficiently and independently.
Want to know a little more about what makes us Mavens? Late last year we pulled everyone (80+ of us!) into the office for a few days to re-vamp our values and talk about the type of culture we wanted for our company. As a group, we came up with a set of new Maven Wave ideals, which are used to describe ourselves and the characteristics we look for in candidates. We expect our employees to embody the following core values: Leadership, Impact, Judgement, Passion, Aptitude, and Communication. If these are ideals that are important to you, then you’ll fit right in!
Check us out at www.mavenwave.com to learn more. We have a strategic relationships with Google and take pride in helping our clients navigate digital transformations!
Back to top