Google Apps Support Specialist
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. For the 3rd consecutive year, Maven Wave has landed a spot on the Crain's Fast Fifty list of the fastest growing companies in Chicago. Additionally, Maven Wave has been named a "Best and Brightest Company to Work For" in Chicago for the past 3 years. If you are looking accelerate your career and gain rewarding professional experience in a collaborative and innovative environment, Maven Wave is the place for you.
This position will report to the G Suite Support Manager at Maven Wave. This individual will be responsible for handling customer support tickets through closure, managing the inbound queue, tracking response SLA adherence, and interacting directly with both client and internal stakeholders. In addition, the successful candidate may also be assigned to project deployment work on an as needed basis where they will be expected to use their technical expertise to ensure project success.
As a support specialist, this individual will be responsible for providing quality expert level technical guidance for Maven Wave’s clients. Projects within the Cloud Computing Practice will provide many exciting opportunities, including architectural design and implementation of Cloud-based technologies for Maven Wave’s current and prospective clients.
In additional to the items listed in the Technical Knowledge section below, the following items provide further detail of the position’s responsibilities:
- Evaluate client needs and make the appropriate recommendations in a consultative manner.
- Provide routine reports to clients and management on status of existing tickets and associated deliverables.
- Configure and deploy G Suite for enterprise customers.
- Migrate users, groups and data from legacy systems to G Suite.
- Configure (or reconfigure) GADS, GAPS and Calendar Interop tools for existing customers.
- Provide end-user training and/or support as required.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot performance of deployed solutions.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for deployed solutions including end-user guides and process manuals.
- Track SLA adherence on all tickets submitted by Maven Wave customers.
- Assist client technical resources with application configuration and management.
G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work), Microsoft Exchange Server, IBM Lotus Notes, Google Message Security (Postini), Amazon Web Services, Google Chromium OS, Apple Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows XP/7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Google Apps Directory Sync (GADS), Google Apps Manager (GAM), Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange (GAMME), Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GAMMO), Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GASMO), Google Apps Migration for IBM Notes (GAMIN), Google Apps Password Sync (GAPS), Google Apps Certified Deployment Specialist (preferred)
Skills & Experience:
- Project and task management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
- Solid understanding of business processes and desire to develop domain knowledge of cloud computing technologies and solutions.
- Knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Strong dedication to documenting processes, procedures, projects and status.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually on problems, but recognize appropriate escalation timelines and methods. Strong sense of team-oriented problem solving techniques.
- Ability to participate in meetings both as a speaker and listener.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize individual workload.
- Experience in task assignment and delegation when management project efforts.
- Quick learning curve for new technologies.
- Interest in continued education and/or training.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional technology experience with at least 2 years of hands-on experience in a technical and/or analyst role, on projects involving application design, implementation and/or migration.
- G Suite Deployment Specialist Certification is a plus.
Want to know a little more about what makes us Mavens? Late last year we pulled everyone (80+ of us!) into the office for a few days to re-vamp our values and talk about the type of culture we wanted for our company. As a group, we came up with a set of new Maven Wave ideals, which are used to describe ourselves and the characteristics we look for in candidates. We expect our employees to embody the following core values: Leadership, Impact, Judgement, Passion, Aptitude, and Communication. If these are ideals that are important to you, then you’ll fit right in!
Check us out at www.mavenwave.com to learn more. We have a strategic relationships with Google and take pride in helping our clients navigate digital transformations.
Back to top