Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. We combine the experience and knowledge of a management consulting firm with the innovation and technology expertise of a cloud services firm, providing a truly unique work environment. Employees have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and make a significant impact on the business outcomes of our clients and our company.
This past year in 2016, Maven Wave received the following awards and accolades:
As a cloud infrastructure engineer you will be expected to drive discussions with clients to understand their objectives for moving existing infrastructure, workloads, data and application development to the cloud. With the technical background, you easily interact with senior level personnel and provide guidance to IT (e.g., development teams, application architects). You will be required to analyze a client’s existing environment and define the cloud solution that best meets their needs. You will also be responsible for the technical oversight of the migration or implementation effort as well as establishing the ongoing support structure for their cloud environment. The solution offering scope you are expected to support includes the following:
- Data Storage - Configure and deploy application storage, database storage, data backup, data archiving, and disaster recovery solutions
- Networking - Design and configure VPN’s, CDN’s, Interconnect, and DNS solutions
- Workloads - Configure and deploy Linux and Windows server workloads
- Containers - Implementation of Docker/Kubernetes platforms in the cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Hands-on experience architecting, deploying and managing cloud solutions on AWS, Azure and/or Google. A certification in one of the 3 is preferred.
- Windows experience designing solutions with technologies like: MSSQL, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, IIS 7 & 8, Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.
- Linux experience designing solutions with multiple distro’s (RHEL, CentOS, etc), Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, OpenVZ, VMware, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
- Experience establishing and managing file and object storage (SAN, NAS, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience establishing and managing database storage (e.g. SQL Server, RedShift, BigQuery, NoSQL)
- Previous experience managing data center infrastructure both physical and virtual
- Experience using application and network diagnostic tools to understand the existing application and network workloads within a datacenter.
- Experience creating detailed plans for migrating existing physical and virtual server workloads to the cloud.
- Experience with data archiving, backup and disaster recovery to the cloud.
- Experience setting up the infrastructure, processes, and tools for container based development and deployment (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with clients, internal and partner resources
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- Familiarity with pricing cloud-based solutions
- Experience delivering engagements with Agile
- Experience with devops and application lifecycle management
- Programming experience with one or more of the following: Java, PHP, Python
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like New Relic, CloudWatch, SCOM, etc.
Check us out at www.mavenwave.com to learn more. We have a strategic relationships with Google and take pride in helping our clients navigate digital transformations.
Meet Some of Maven Wave's Employees
Manager, Google Sales Engineer
As a Solutions Engineer, Ben works with business development leads to show how the Google Apps suite will help to improve the productivity and workplace environment for clients.
Back to top