- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the team:
Maven is looking for an experienced leader to join our engineering management team to lead a talented and passionate group of Mavens. You'll play a foundational role in building the Maven platform. You will work with a strong cross-functional team between engineering, product, design, care advocates, and our provider operation teams. Strong people management and task management skills are a must have. Your ability to synthesize technical requirements, dive into detail to set teams up for success, and lead through complex engineering tradeoffs is vital for success.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable for:
- Cultivate success across the engineering department through leadership and direction across backend development, frontend development, systems/operations and quality assurance teams
- Build and lead a team of Mavens through hiring, mentoring, feedback and career development. Depending on your experience, you may have an opportunity to lead people leaders too.
- Actively attract and retain great and diverse engineering talent
- Be a key player in strategic workforce planning and hiring/retention processes - recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new Mavens. Drive team satisfaction to retain our people.
- In partnership with your direct reports, implement appropriate metrics to measure and motivate productivity and engagement across engineering.
- Partner with engineering management and engineers on career progression and individual development for professional growth at Maven and beyond
- Empower your teams to build scalable and secure systems for Maven's users, both medical professionals and patients
- Foster curiosity and empathy of your area
- Facilitate collaboration between engineering and product teams in solving exciting and challenging problems across the platform
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching engineering teams to deliver high quality software
- Professional software development management, on production-quality products
- Experience building and maintaining a complex set of systems
- Experience working with product leadership to deliver on time and on target
- Experience working within some form of privacy, security, or regulatory constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience attracting, hiring, engaging and retaining diverse talent
- Operational experience in workforce planning, and creating metrics which monitor and measure productivity and engagement across engineering
- Experience working collaboratively across different teams to drive and achieve common goals harmoniously.
Maven is built with:
- Google Cloud Platform (Kubernetes)
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $190,000 - $270,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g email@example.com). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.