The Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures for Matthews REIS offices, state and local real estate licensing rules/regulations are adhered to.
- Works closely with Real Estate Agents/Managing Brokers to ensure agent related transaction questions are resolved promptly
- Ensure that proper agreements, disclosures, and required documents are being used for each transaction in all the Matthews REIS offices.
- Guarantee that all federal and local state laws are adhered to as it pertains to all listings, under contracts, and closings held by all MREIS office locations throughout the US
- Work closely with Matthews REIS legal counsel to produce needed agreements and disclosures
- Create, update, and distribute protocols, procedures, agreements, and disclosures as laws change in each state
- Confirm closing dates, location, and documentation due at closing
- Audit all transaction records to certify Matthews REIS remains in compliance with all state and federal laws
- Work diligently with BOR(s) to ensure our firm remains in compliance in all states
- Ensure that all advertising meets local state compliance rules and regulations are met
- Manage all real estate licensing and testing for Matthews REIS and any in-house BOR(s) throughout all states
- Maintain MREIS Quality Assurance Standards
- Must have 2– 5 years of experience in a real estate environment or real estate law
- Must be able to keep up with changing laws and maintain utmost efficiency and accuracy while meeting all deadline
- Business or Law Degree Preferred
- Proven ability to leverage technology to refine current processes to help protect the firm and apply best practices
- Prefer a candidate that has extensive experience interpreting and applying federal and state regulations, ideally those relating to real estate, in a large corporation or law firm
- Proven ability to be a great problem solver, able to identify critical issues for our business lines and ready with multiple potential solutions to address key regulatory risks
- Great communicator, adept at working with business teams and colleagues to make complex concepts clear
- Ability to work with ambiguity and in a fast-paced environment without wavering on the quality of attention to detail
MREIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MREIS is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Matthews Real Estate Investment Services's Employees
SVP & National Director, Single Tenant Net Lease
Chad runs the Dallas office and drives the single tenant net lease division forward by pitching big deals. He also trains young agents and motivates the entire staff.
Back to top