Seasonal Party Planner
- Franklin, TN
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Seasonal Party Planner position will be part of the American Girl Nashville retail store, located at the Cool Springs Galleria.
The Opportunity: The American Girl Nashville retail store, located at the Cool Springs Galleria in Franklin, TN, is looking for a dynamic individual for the Seasonal Party Planner position to deliver all aspects of a premier party experience in conjunction with our Bistro. This position will be working one-on-one with party guests to create a magical event through superior communication and organization according to AG specifications. If you have experience in customer relations, event planning and execution, or parties, and have the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in high-pressure, fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude, we want to hear from you.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Achieves and delivers timely steps of party execution, and positive indicators on Customer Comment Cards. This includes communications with the customer prior to the event; creating and maintaining a pleasant ambiance in the dining room and party rooms; working with the party team to greet and seat guests in a timely manner, share store and event information with guests, take and deliver beverage and food orders, upsell, service the party throughout the event; prepare desserts and to-go transactions, deliver and process checks, bus and reset tables, daily clean up, and restocking of supplies.
• Meets sales goals and budgetary guidelines. Work with external vendors and place product orders in a timely manner.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by providing an exceptional party experience and oversee resolution of customer service issues and requests in a gracious manner.
• Executes events to AG standards, including games, crafts, hair styling and skin care of dolls.
• Maintain on-going party communications with staff, management, and the Retail Sales and Services department.
• Has knowledge and understanding of local and state health sanitation laws and follows food and workplace safety guidelines.
• Assigns and complete daily tasks and side work assignments for FOH and BOH areas in a consistent and timely manner.
• Has thorough knowledge of the InfoGenesis system and ensures transactions are completed according to company policy.
• Takes the initiative to train, teach and assist teammates, including providing assistance to various areas of the restaurant, when needed.
What We’re Looking For:
• Minimum of 6 months’ work experience in customer relations, parties or events.
• One to two years’ experience in a high-volume, fine-casual dining or related restaurant, preferred.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
• Current ServeSafe certification, preferred.
• Good verbal and communication skills are required.
• Must enjoy public speaking, children, and possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
• May be required to perform diverse physical tasks, including some heavy lifting (approximately 30 – 50 pounds), transporting full trays and bus tubs that weigh up to 30 pounds. Constant standing and walking and exposure to a loud working environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Back to top