At Mattel, we inspire wonder in the next generation to shape a brighter tomorrow. We create the experiences that capture kids' hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. By fostering a culture of entrepreneurialism, we encourage everyone to channel their inner garage spirit, challenge the status quo and let kids inspire endless creativity. We balance speed and agility with having fun, winning together, and achieving bold goals. All this, in a respectful environment where we celebrate every voice, everywhere!
Fisher-Price®, the most trusted name in quality toys, has been helping to make childhood special for generations. As one of the world's leading manufacturers of baby gear, infant and preschool toys, Fisher-Price believes deeply in the Power of Play as the way children learn best. In fact, it's our guiding principle. Everything we do is designed to inspire a child's development, and our employees are passionate about our work. We thrive in a friendly, fast-paced environment, where creativity and teamwork are at the core of our unique culture and we're focusing on innovation in all we do to bring out the full potential of children around the world. So come play with us!
Product Designer - East Aurora, NY
• We have multiple positions open at various levels available•
We are currently seeking a Product Designer to work on Fisher-Price's expansive portfolio of Infant/Preschool Toys and Baby Gear. As a Fisher-Price designer you will have the opportunity to work on: Baby Gear, Infant and Newborn Toys, Little People, Imaginext, and all Preschool categories including: playsets, vehicles, role-play, learning, ride-ons and many more. You will work on a wide variety of internal IP, create new IP and/or work with our premiere global licensing partners. We are looking for a passionate, innovative and highly creative designer to join our Fisher-Price Global Design Team inEast Aurora, NY.
- An Innovative mindset to envision the possibilities and "what-ifs" with a fresh new perspective. You have a passion for innovative and disruptive ideas that create the future for Fisher-Price and Mattel. You are respectful of, yet unburdened by legacy and existing norms.
- Communication skills to convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences. You communicate clearly, concisely, and with impact, using the right formats and methods to promote a free flow of information.
- Speed and can act decisively and with a strong sense of urgency. You find ways to achieve business objectives more quickly and effectively. You are able to remove barriers to speed to make Fisher-Price and Mattel a more nimble business and organization.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence, forward visual thinking and superior problem solving
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs
- Can demonstrate a high level of 3D digital modeling capabilities as well as digital rendering skills.
- Passion/knowledge of current trends in general as well as trends in fashion and toy.
- Skill in brainstorming and ideation with strong sketching and rendering skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to work and the ability to work independently.
- Basic model making skills.
Product Designer (Fisher-Price)
Experience, Education & Skills
Experience, Education & Skills
- BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or equivalent degree
- Experience with licensed product is highly preferred.
- Experience with Children's Consumer Products is highly preferred.
- Experience with design of licensed dolls, playsets, and girl oriented toy products highly preferred
- Knowledge of 3D modeling programs such as Solidworks or Rhino is a must.
- Knowledge of material and manufacturing process, specifically plastics and soft goods highly preferred
- Understanding of features in the consumer electronics industry and their influence in the toy industry a plus.
• • Portfolio/work samples and/or links must be included in order to be considered.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
Back to top