Director Application Services
- El Segundo, CA
As the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl® and Fisher-Price®, Mattel is not only one of the best places to work, it's also a lot of fun. If you're as excited about the future as we are, consider this opportunity as a Director of Enterprise and Application Services in GTO Infrastructure and Operation.
- Provides technical direction and leadership for on time design and systems integration from initiation phase through implementation (SDLC) supporting functions of applications and services.
- Provide leadership to support team, problem solving, root cause analysis, strategic planning, financial management and human capital.
- Responsible and accountable for complex services and applications requiring high performance, availability and disaster recovery.
- Applies significant knowledge of IT, B2C and B2B industry trends.
- Ability to recognize application and services deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements more efficiently, with greater reusability, maintainability, and scalability.
- Experience working within a multi-source, on/offshore sourcing model.
- Experience with supplier management, maintain relationships, contract negotiation and oversee execution and performance of third-party vendor and development suppliers.
- Ability to matrix manage/organize others within the IT organization in order to get work done quickly.
- Responsible for building high performing technical team that provide expertise on key technologies including; middleware services (Tibco), integration services (EFT/MFT and EDI), database platforms, financial platforms (Hyperion, Oracle Financials and E-Biz Suite), HR platforms (PeopleSoft) and various on-prem and cloud applications (.Net, Java, Salesforce).
- Maintain audit/compliance oversight and familiarity with relevant standards and regulations.
- Creates and executes application and services support plans across multiple projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing business needs and requirements.
- Keeps project/program manager well informed of status of support effort and serves as liaison between app dev staff, project/program managers and support staff.
- Ensures high quality code hand-off and deployment across all teams.
- Communicates with Executive IT and business leadership on health of the system and project updates.
Director IT - Enterprise & Application Services
What We're Looking For:
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years leading technical teams in large enterprise organizations
- BS or MS and 8+ years of IT management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience in planning, developing, and implementing large-scale technology infrastructure systems and services in a supervisory or management capacity with project management responsibility.
- Certification for Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certificate, and/or Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) certification or equivalent is desirable.
- 10+ years of working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Expert Technical Knowledge and experience in all applications and services development, implementation and support (architecture, requirements, developments, system design & configuration, integration, testing, data/information conversion & migration and system support)
- Experience in managing technical team of employee, contractors and service providers across multiple sites and functions
- Able to effectively communicate status, design and approach with management/business sponsors/product managers
- Familiar with standard software development tools, including incident tracking, documentation, and testing systems
- Self-directed, works with limited management direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Familiarity with multiple software delivery models (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise traditional and cloud database systems (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Maria, etc.)
- Principles of technology infrastructure security, data governance, contingency planning, and disaster recovery
- Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and other related software
- Well versed in IT Procurement contract processes
- Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Choosing optimal courses of action in a timely manner and applying technical subject matter to the job
- Proactively obtaining and sharing information while engaging effectively in dialogue
- Have a broad, deep functional knowledge, experience and understanding of best practices to develop EDI solutions for new and existing transaction sets
- Ability to configure, monitor, and trouble-shoot EDI trading partner communications
- Experience with iPaaS platforms - API Registry, API Execution, API Monitoring and API Analytics
What It's Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they're recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey - that's why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the "whole you" to work. We're a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play. Our employees embody our WONDER values and are ready to put them into action every day.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)}
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create wonder and inspire dreams of epic proportions. It's a big task, and we're here because we're up to the challenge. Are you?
Back to top