- Larkhall, United Kingdom
Within the Legal and Business Affairs division of the Law Department, this Counsel position will be located at Mattel'sSlough office in the United Kingdom. Duties will include providing strategic legal and business support to Mattel's entertainment group with primary focus and responsibility for managing and negotiating agreements for live events, attractions and other location-based entertainment deals throughout the world for a broad range of Mattel brands. This position may evolve over time as Mattel's business and legal needs change and may include legal and business affairs deal support beyond traditional location-based entertainment work - such as content production, consumer products licensing, television and new media distribution, and agency and marketing work.
Counsel - Location Based Entertainment
What We're Looking For:
- Admitted/qualified as a Solicitor/Lawyer.
- 3+ years post qualification experience working on location-based entertainment, at a top-tier law firm, and preferably in-house experience at a mid-to-large entertainment company.
- Experience with related issues involving local regulations, risk avoidance, insurance and employment matters.
- Ability to identify issues and relevant Mattel stakeholders early - and then creatively solve those issues and work constructively with those stakeholders.
- Strong leadership ability to excel, and inspire staff to excel, in a culture that fosters and demands accountability, speed, trust, and ethical conduct. Work effectively within a talented, high-performing team.
- Be intellectually curious and eager to grow and develop. Be humble; recognize a continuing need to "learn on the job"; be receptive to constructive feedback; and elevate issues that are beyond one's knowledge or comfort zone.
- Proactively manage expectations of clients, business partners, and staff. Also proactively manage deals, administrative functions, outside counsel and issues across offices, time zones, and sub-practice areas. Skillfully juggle constantly changing priorities and sometimes conflicting objectives. Foster a culture that values strong practice administration.
- Write and present in a concise, lucid manner - in emails, memos, presentations, and contracts.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, in writing and in person, with clients, support staff, management, outside counsel, and business partners. A sense of humor is a plus.
What It's Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they're recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey - that's why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the "whole you" to work. We're a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.}
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create wonder and inspire dreams of epic proportions. It's a big task, and we're here because we're up to the challenge. Are you?
What Your Impact Will Be:
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Provide first-rate, proactive, strategic legal and business advice
- Be an effective partner to senior executives and cultivate their trust and confidence.
- Provide strategic legal and business advice that's appropriately risk-balanced.
- Manage deals with risks and the long-term in mind, but without losing sight of the imperative to advance Mattel's business.
- Close deals - often with challenging deadlines.
The Mattel Law Department provides legal and deal support for all other departments and divisions of the company worldwide. This position is within the Legal and Business Affairs division of the Law Department which supports all company business deals and agreements. This position is further within the Entertainment group which handles all matters relating to Mattel's activities in motion picture, television and digital content production and distribution, music, and live events and attractions.
Back to top