Consumer Products Creative Intern
Brand licensing is an exciting, fast-paced industry where there's always something new to get stuck in to. Simply put, brand licensing allows companies to 'rent' our well-known brands and use it on their products, connecting our powerful brands to in-demand products such as clothing, home furnishings, sporting goods and much, much more. Imagine seeing Barbie clothing in Missguided or a flying Hot Wheels car - we make that happen!
As a member of the vibrant Licensing creative team you will actively support them with assets and creative inspiration, the end to end creative briefing process, product approvals and more! You will come away with a broad knowledge of how a creative team takes inspiration from upcoming trends and infuses it into product development and communications whilst operationally learning how organisation and process is fundamental to allowing Creatives produce amazing Creative.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
Creative project management
- Support the Creative briefing process from an operational perspective
- Work with all product design leads to understand and communicate status
- Archive completed projects and maintain organised server
- Visually communicate completed projects to share with countries as inspiration
- Work with all markets to review success of projects and communicate back to the team
- Play an integral part in organising the annual Creative Summit where new inspiration and brand information is shared to all licensees across the region.
- Organise the EMEA Creative Summit for Mattel's designers
- Work with the team to produce all product inspiration mock-ups
- Support in-market Creative summits with materials and content
- Manage a photo-shoot of all mock-ups
Creative Software tools management & Style guide communication
- Manage the admin of our Software tools, providing organisation and problem-solving to ensure our many licensees and intern teams are able to access our Creative Assets and product approval systems.
- Visually communicate all new guides and assets available to all stakeholders
- Deliver administrative support for Director and adhoc team projects/events
- Assistance with Style outs/Mock-ups
- Arranging meetings where relevant
- Assistance in booking flights where relevant
- General office admin including filing, holiday planning, stationery
Consumer Products Creative Intern
Experience, Education & Skills
- Microsoft Office: Advanced Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner and typing skills.
- Time management skills
- Must be able to prioritise
- Desirable: knowledge of key design programs - Illustrator & Photoshop
- Team player, highly motivated, proactive, determined, dedicated, enthusiastic.
- Creative problem solver and solution-driven
- An interest in product design, innovation, fashion and an awareness of consumer and retail market trends
- Excellent organisational, time management & project management skills with ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Self-sufficient and able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills with high level of professionalism. Including strong communication skills, flexibility, patience and an honest and ethical approach
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
Back to top