Asst Producer Photo Shoots
- Hazelwood, MO
American Girl is looking for an individual to fill the temporary position of Assistant Producer. This position will work on-site at American Girl's in-house photo studio. This temporary position that will run through 12/18/20 with the possibility of extending longer based on workload needs at the time. Hours and schedule may vary since this is an on-call position.
Temporary Assistant Producer
What We're Looking For:
- Proven experience as production assistant or a passion for the photography industry
- Knowledge of studio terminology will be appreciated
- Computer savvy: Mac or PC platform
- Software knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving
- A team player with great communication skills
- Physical strength and stamina as bending and lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required as well as going up and down stairs multiple times a day
- A valid driver's license
- High school diploma; relevant training (e.g. production courses) will be an advantage
What It's Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.}
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard - when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
What Your Impact Will Be:
The Assistant Producerassists in the planning, organizing, and directing of operations related to ongoingprojectsin the Creative Studio. They manage and overseeprojectsto make sure they are running as planned assisting photo studio producers withboth large and small scale projects which may include but not limited to:
- Assist costume designers, preppers, directors, camera people and other crew members
- Helping prepare the photography set with lights, props, equipment etc.
- Print and distribute daily paperwork (e.g. scripts, call sheets)
- Escort model talent around the filming area and coordinate extras
- Engage with creative teams to understand their progress with tasks
- Ensuring projects stay within timescales and budget
- Conduct crowd control by putting up signs, directing pedestrians away from filming, lock down sets, etc.
- Act as a runner distributing messages or items within film crew and cast
- Prep packages for the mailroom
- Perform administrative work
- Undertake errands as assigned
- Work with sample coordinator to help gather and ship product sample requests for outside production partners as well as influencers.
- Produce smaller photoshoots as assigned
- Attend castings/scouting as needed.
- Help with clean-up/organization of photo studio
Back to top