Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for a Quality Engineer to join #TeamGreen in the UK. The role can be based remotely across the UK.
Matillion is built around small development teams with responsibility for specific themes and initiatives. The test automation engineer role is intended to drive automation first approaches, using new and existing frameworks to help us deliver high quality, market leading Cloud Data Integration software
What you will be doing
- As a Quality Engineer you’ll be spending a majority of your time hands on in the Test Automation of software for the Matillion Products
- Assist in the maintenance of existing automation
- Contribute to scrum planning
- Embrace a shift-left mentality to testing
- Be effective at manual testing and be on a journey to learn automation skills and tools
What we are looking for
- Demonstrates a QA mindset with the ability to challenge where appropriate and improves QA practices
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks such as Cypress or PACT
- Experience and knowledge of using existing CI & CD services
- Open to learning and self-development through video tutorials, self-study and asking for support
- Ability to identify process gaps and lead on technical challenges
- Knowledge of Databases and query languages (SQL)
- Knowledge of Behavioural Driven Development tools such as Cucumber or similar
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile environment following Scrum methodology
- Communicating Effectively
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Forward Thinking
- Achieving Results
#Expectation to support on call rotation
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.