VP, Data & Analytics Sales, Vocalink (Asia Pacific)
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
VP, Data & Analytics Sales, Vocalink (Asia Pacific)
Mastercard is seeking accomplished sales/business development professionals to accelerate the growth of the Vocalink Analytics business for the account-to-account payment space (i.e. batch ACH, real-time payments. Vocalink Analytics creates innovative solutions that solve known problems using the power of payments data. We help companies to improve their business by supporting their regulatory obligations, creating a frictionless customer experience and enhancing operational efficiencies. By combining cutting-edge data science techniques with an intimate knowledge of payments data - based on our heritage as the trusted, secure provider of payments platforms which have powered the UK's payments networks for nearly 50 years - we develop data driven analytics solutions and professional services to Financial Institutions, Payment System Operators, Central Banks and Merchants.
Solution offering covers financial crime analytics (fraud and AML), payments business intelligence / management information reporting, macro-economic intelligence and assurance/identity solutions. This is a strategic growth area for Mastercard and this role will offer broad exposure and high visibility across the organization.
Drive all client facing and internal sales/business development activities to generate new sales of Vocalink's data analytics solutions and real-time payments consulting services across the Asia Pacific region. Responsible for the full sales lifecycle from initial customer contact and qualification to contract signature. Optimally distribute services utilizing direct to client sales as well as developing and managing internal and external channel partners (e.g. resellers).
Work in close partnership with the Product team and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Account Manager, Country Managers) to drive the sales process, including sales presentation and solution demonstrations, client management, commercial negotiations and informal written proposals.
The successful applicant will have the ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of Vocalink's innovative data analytics solutions and consulting services to drive new sales. As a story-teller, the candidate will have a deep understanding of the payments industry and will be able to promote the features and benefits of our solutions based on the needs of the client.
• Proactively source, pursue and close direct and partnership sales opportunities in prioritized global markets
• Actively develop new and manage existing client relationships and internal sales channels to optimize sales velocity
• Effectively communicate solutions and benefits to potential clients to generate new business
• Lead all client facing business development activities including solution presentations, joint working sessions, negotiations etc.
• Ensure smooth handoff into delivery to ensure client deliverables are met and remain key point of contact for clients
• Provide client feedback and competitive/market insights to Product team to ensure our solutions appropriately address current and emerging market needs
• Identify new market opportunities and contribute to development of new or improved products
• Responsible for representing the products to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc., where applicable
• Able to travel throughout regional territory
All About You:
• Proven business development track record generating and growing sales of analytics solutions (experience selling analytics solutions required)
• ACH/bank-to-bank payments and/or fraud analytics subject matter knowledge preferable but not required
• Strong communication and client presentation skills - ability to concisely communicate complex content in a simple, logical and compelling manner
• Strong interpersonal relationship building and client management skills
• Experience working cross functionally with other sales teams, product management, analytics, operations and legal to identify opportunities, develop and deliver innovative solutions
• Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders - from C-level executive management personnel to technical and product personnel
• Demonstrated ability to produce results working independently and as a member of a diverse and global team
• Developed problem-solving skills as demonstrated by examples of creative and forward thinking solutions to business issues
• Flexibility - willing to do what it takes to achieve the desired result
• Team player
• MBA or advanced quantitative degree preferable but not required
• English, additional languages highly desirable
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top