Vice President, Product Management, Commercial Platforms
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Product Management, Commercial Platforms
The Commercial Platforms are key a differentiator to win and grow Commercial business for Mastercard. The platforms support a high growth business that is integral to our success. The In Control platform is a key to driving core brand and services revenue for the middle and large market commercial segments, supporting both travel and B2B payments. The Vice President, Commercial Platform product management, is responsible for platform management and collaborating with the B2B and T&E segment leads on the ICCP (In Control for Commercial Payments) and ICBT (In Control for Business Travel) products.
In addition, this leader has accountability for overall Platform vision, including enhancement support, testing and release support. This role works in partnership with the Smart Data team to deliver a full-suite of commercial products. This role works in close partnership with O&T, Large Market Segment Product Leaders, Regional Product Management, Account Management, etc., to ensure end-to-end coordination of all release and In Control related initiatives. Additionally, this role has responsibility for a suite of sales support tools used by customers to demonstrate the value of commercial products to their corporate customers.
This role has 6 direct reports who support In Control and other platforms, leading the end to end product management as well as team members that support overall platform mission.
The team is responsible for:
• Contributing to the growth of the Mastercard Global Commercial Product business
• Development and execution (and ongoing process improvements) for the seamless delivery of product features into the market
• Testing and release support of all commercial platforms
• UI guidance and development for all platforms
• Supporting business development activities
The successful candidate's primary responsibilities will be to:
• Drive development of new products in anticipation of or response to customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities.
• Generate and evaluate ideas to enhance Mastercard's suite of product offerings and create a competitive advantage
• Gather, assess, refine, prioritize Mastercard and bank-initiated product requirements and coordinate with various business units to improve and maintain clear lines of commitment to the bank and their customer base
• Engage directly with key stakeholders on product roadmap, release status and overall platform health and ongoing product support including training
• Provide direct oversight and Product engagement of the commercial platform and release process
• Coordinate with account management on contract execution for the managed suite of products
This role requires the successful candidate to:
•Be a successful team leader that attracts, develops and manages high performing team based globally
•Have product managed a platform in a complex business environment
•Translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market, with experience delivering high quality releases
•Interact successfully with clients, Mastercard Account, Product, Technology and Operations support staff to meet the needs of our customers. This will include managing product communications and commitments with the best use of Mastercard investments.
•Develop deep knowledge of payment processing, and the overall commercial business
•Validate technical delivery and ensure that delivered functionality complies with the product requirements and is fit-for-purpose
•Curiosity to develop a long-term vision for virtual card and tokenized payments to capture
All About You
Background preferred in one or more of the following:
•Product management and development
•Customer engagement / Business development
•Go-to-market planning and execution
•Technology Development & Operations
•Commercial products or commercial payments
•Knowledge and experience working with/in global markets
•Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams from multiple countries
•Developed understanding of global best practices, both in own function and in the broader organization, through experience working in a matrix or global organization
•Outstanding communication and presentation skills
•Strong analytical skills with ability to drive deep product insights from data
•Ability to take independent action and be comfortable interacting with varying levels of leadership across the organization and with internal and external clients
•Strong ability to interact with, influence, and build consensus across a variety of internal business units, external partners, and service providers
•Familiarity with PME framework
•UX/UI Design skill set not required but plus
•Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top