User Experience Designer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
User Experience Designer
• Mastercard User Experience part of Digital Payments & Labs, is looking for brilliant and passionate User Experience Professionals to join its Global UX team in Mumbai/Pune.
• This is a great opportunity to become part of a world class UX team which is focused on creating innovative payment/commerce products & solutions, wallets for customers using cutting edge technologies.
• UX Consultant will lead user-centered design activities throughout all phases of a project and ensure that designs drive end user engagement and adoption.
• In this role UX consultant will work on UX as well as Visual design deliverables.
We are looking for you, if your answer to following questions is YES
• Do you have a passion for product design and innovation and have a high energy, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership/desire to succeed?
• Have you demonstrated a high level of creative problem solving, with a history of evolving new visual metaphors and interaction patterns?
• Are you comfortable working with iterative design methodologies such as Lean UX and Agile?
• Lead & execute all design activities from concept to final hand-off to engineering;
• Translate use cases into clear direction through UX & Visual design deliverables such as storyboard, sketches, wireframes, user flows, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Create compelling experiences for next generation products that drive adoption, usage and engagement.
• Deliver experiences that are optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, including phone, tablet, web and desktop.
• You will work collaboratively with customers, product managers, engineers, executives and other UX professionals through the planning and development lifecycle.
• Be solution oriented, working in highly collaborative agile teams.
• Work closely with the development organization to ensure that designs are effectively translated into production ready code.
• Present and defend designs deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
• Encourage and promote UX and design thinking within the teams that you work with.
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and enterprise standards.
All About You
Essential knowledge, skills & attributes
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Visual Design, Visual communication, interaction design, human, computer interaction (HCI), or related equivalent.
• The ideal candidate will be an expert in leading the design of web and mobile experiences across products in a broader portfolio, from concept to wireframes and final visual design deliverables.
• The ideal candidate will be an expert visual problem solver.
• Proficiency in both design and prototyping tool, such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suites and Axure.
• Knowledgeable about Design Thinking, Human Centered design and working in an agile/lean UX environment.
• Exceptional customer facing skills, with the ability to successfully manage both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong communication & articulation skills both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaboration and organizational skills.
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• A proven record of strong problem solving skills
• Be open to and encourage critique from colleagues.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new design trends and tools and support multiple concurrent activities
• Ability to influence project stakeholders and senior executives through compelling presentations.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top