- O'Fallon, MO
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills to work closely with developers and leads to build test automation frameworks, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality Engineering, Functional testing, In-the-wild and Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.) amongst various delivery teams within MasterCard.
• Interacts with technology staff including Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and engage in design, development, and test engineering activities.
Questions to Consider:
• Love being hands on and eager to demonstrate your work to your partners with demos and prototypes?
• Enjoy a fast paced, start-up culture?
• Have experience working in agile embedded teams alongside Developers, Business analysts, Quality, Performance, and DevOps engineers?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• This position will focus on mentoring a team of Software and Test Engineers in driving quality engineering and testing processes for various MasterCard applications within Commercial Solutions business.
• This position will own complete quality functional areas and must be able to define test and environment strategies.
• This position will provide leadership on areas of execution for functional, non- functional, white box, integration and reliability testing for web and desktop based applications keeping automation and self-service in mind.
• Drive adoption of quality practices early in the life cycle through improved unit testing and code coverage, acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
• Proactively monitor customer insights and production issues to seek quality feedback and improve processes to enhance quality of the product/capability that the position is responsible for.
• Position needs to focus on understanding of customer, product value, and product logical architecture holistically to develop test strategies covering all quality touchpoints: functional, non-functional, and user experience areas.
All About You
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Sound knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and SDLC management tools like Jira or Rally.
• Exposure to Continuous Integration and Delivery Tools such as Jenkins is desirable
• 6+ years of experience in testing Web services and Web applications across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, Multiple OS/Browsers) - specific focus on cross browser and cross device test strategies.
• Experience in modern test techniques such as Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD).
• Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly. Solid leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously and communicate results.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top