Sr. Test Engineer, Quality Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Test Engineer, Quality Engineering
The Quality Engineering team within Mastercard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction.
• This position will be responsible for driving adoption of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, and Continuous Integration).
• Position requires a good understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, Test Pyramid, and open source agile testing frameworks for both web service and GUI applications.
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of projects and deliver services.
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas including mobile, web, and API testing.
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) amongst various delivery teams.
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
• Partner with peers, stakeholders, and management to prepare for rapidly changing product roadmaps on emerging technologies to ensure highest quality standards.
• Create and utilize automated test scenarios in-sprint coupled with manual integration testing.
All About You
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to software development and testing concepts.
• Web service testing experience (REST/SOAP) is required, including secure authentication mechanisms (MSSL, OAuth, etc.).
• Web page GUI testing experience is desired.
• Exposure to preparing and delivering executive-level presentations to business and technology audiences.
• Solid knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), SQL, UNIX/Linux, Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Knowledge of payments domain message flows, architecture, common design patterns, ISO message protocols, EMV standards, mobile payments, simulation/emulation tools highly desirable.
• Experience in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (Rally/Jira), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to Cloud concepts (i.e. Infrastructure-as-code, Platform-as-a-Service, etc.) desirable.
• Experience with cross browser and cross device testing strategies (i.e. In the Wild testing) and exposure to automation via device clouds (Perfecto, Device Anywhere, Testdroid, etc.).
• Familiarity with cryptographic operations desirable.
• Experience creating and implementing complex test strategies/acceptance criteria/test cases to cover all testing phases, with heavy emphasis on integration and end-to-end testing.
• Experience with Dynatrace and Splunk is desirable.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top