Sr. Software Engineering (C & C++)
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Software Engineering (C & C++)
• The Dual Message Authorization team supports systems that provide transaction Authorization for Credit card transactions.
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions.
• Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• We are looking for individuals with a passion for improving and automating software development processes.
• This position requires strong collaboration and communication skills and a high level of motivation and drive.
• Individuals in this role will collaboratively work with all members of the credit card authorization software development team. These team members include contractors and employees in multiple global locations.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Be recognized as an expert for specific features, components or technologies and share your knowledge with others.
• Maintain a high quality in a complex and constantly evolving workspace.
• Contribute to our ongoing process improvement activities.
All About You
• Good knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills.
• Experience with the following technologies:
o C and C++
o Unix/Linux development and shell scripting.
o Configuration Management tools (e.g., Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Jenkins).
• Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts.
• Ability to leverage and utilize industry-standard test automation frameworks, tools and practices.
• Knowledgeable of continuous delivery practices.
• Experience working in an agile and waterfall environment preferred.
• Ability to work across multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix and Linux.
• Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (Cunit, JUnit, mocking, etc.).
• Solid experience with relational databases, including ability to write efficient SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver.
• Independent learner with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top