Sr. Principal, Enterprise Architecture
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Principal, Enterprise Architecture
In this position you will be driving the architectural direction for the foundational technology stack, integration, and application architecture that will support deployment of new and existing capabilities into target markets. You will work with many of the application, platform service and infrastructure teams across the company, other members of the Enterprise Architecture team, Corporate Security, Data Privacy & Compliance, Technology Operations and others on product and customer scenarios ranging from near brownfield migration to greenfield solutions in private and public cloud.
You will leverage your architecture background and experience to define and promote standards, patterns, frameworks, best practices and overall solution architecture across multiple applications and underlying technologies deployed to each specific market. Through your technical leadership you will drive the creation of an efficient, secure, resilient and scalable technology ecosystem.
• Develops and promotes the company's target architecture to support and enable business strategies
• Takes a lead position in the largest, most complex initiatives of strategic importance (e.g., global initiatives)
• Applies expert technical capabilities across discipline(s) to coach and develop technical talent and project teams
• Provides input into performance appraisal process for large groups of employees and helps identify top technical talent
• Spokesperson to executive leadership on company's technical designs, tactical implementation, and future directions for the entire organization
• Oversees research, analysis, and design, and reviewed proposed solutions across multiple divisions
• Sets and interprets industry standards, and drives highest quality solutions and overall architecture plan for the future
• Defines and evolves the enterprise architecture framework
• Proactively builds relationships with technical peers across organization
Skills & Experience
• Significant experience in Architecture, Design and Software Development practices and methodologies and a track record of successful complex solution delivery
• Broad technology background across multiple types of application architectures, programming languages, and application platforms in support of a range of business product lines in both on-premise and public cloud environments
• Deep experience with relational and non-relational database technologies and associated topics such as data replication, ETL processing, data pipelines and cache
• Deep experience with a range of application integration technology paradigms including messaging, file transfer, and event streaming
• Deep experience with REST based API management, routing, and associated topics
• Familiarity with contemporary and emerging technologies such as event-based architectures, service mesh, reactive programming, serverless, zero trust, and IoT edge
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts as well as technical detail
• Ability to translate between technical and business language and concepts
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed environment
• Ability to develop a strategic direction and lead in areas that have a high degree of ambiguity
• Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of business and IT stakeholders at all levels
• Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
• Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top