Sr. Engineer- Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Engineer- Software Engineering
Job Description Summary
• Access Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it and supporting existing enterprise level applications. The team leads the Security implementation related to customer access and exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Team members may be Engineers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Sr. Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the implementations for both new and existing applications. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc.
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Working with cross functional teams to integrate web application, system to existing or new services using IBM identity and access management or any other Identity access management solution
• Onboarding of new consumers & customers for all their Identity and security solutions irrespective of internal or external customers
• implementing security- Server and Mutual Auth SSL mechanisms, AAA configuration, TAM policies/Policy Management.
• Experience in understanding different forms of authentication/authorization and provisioning systems at enterprise level.
• Design & development of monitoring solutions using tools like Splunk and other metrics systems
• Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with SOAP & REST API's
• Working knowledge of other Enterprise systems like XML Gateway, iSAM, LDAP and webseal and actively participate in R&D on new frameworks
• Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
• Effective communication skills, with an ability to follow design and implement with little over sight
• Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Strong Engineering background and have mindset of solving problems.
All About You
• Software development, design experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
• Hands on experience required and will be part of the day to day activities
• Strong Java Core principles and fundamentals.
o Familiarity with middleware technologies like ESB, XML Gateway, WS-Security, Policy Management, and distributed Architecture
• Experience implementing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions
• Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
• Solid experience of working in project teams
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master's degree in related discipline Preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top