Sr. Engineer- Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Engineer- Software Engineering
• Shared Components Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Senior Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle of one or mores micro services R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc.Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a Full Stack Engineer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
• Ability to work with existing and evolve services with minimum guidance.
• Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with building Spring boot applications, REST API's, NO/SQL data bases and actively participate in R&D on the new frameworks
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
• Strong debugging skills to support Tier 1 applications and has experience in simplifying complex implementations
• Work to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the consumer experience.
• Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
• Design and implement scalable, resilient, high performance services.
• Work with SQL and NoSQL persistence technologies.
• Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools
All About You
• Full stack engineering experience in a production environment
• Expert programming skills in Java/JEE
• Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (ATDD/BDD, Unit tests)
• Experience with modern web,Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Node JS or Express JS or similar, Web & Application Server ( Server App Design & Technology Skills ), Web Services, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master's degree in related discipline Preferred
• Object-oriented Programming
• Web services & API standards (REST/OAuth/JSON)
• Programming & Scripting Languages (2 or more of Java, C++, Scala, JS, Python, Shell*)
• Spring, Spring Boot
• Web application frameworks like AngularJS, Spring)
• Analytical and Problem-solving
• Ability to operate effectively independently
• Technical Communication (Written and Oral)
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Relevant internship or work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
• Experience with complex Micro service, modern technology stack Implementations
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top