Sr. Counsel, Employment Law
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Counsel, Employment Law
MasterCard has the need for an employment attorney in our Global Employment group. We are looking for someone with solid knowledge of US employment law and an interest in international law to support our global business. Knowledge of benefit and compensation law is helpful. Must also have contract negotiation experience or willingness to learn. The qualified candidate will serve as an employment law resource for region counsels in various markets as well as Human Resources. This challenging position reports to the Senior Vice President, Employment Counsel within MasterCard's Law Department and has strong connections to MasterCard's Human Resources Business Unit.
• Serve as subject matter expert on employment law matters in the United States
• Support specific client groups by serving as the main point of contact for employment matters working closely with Human Resources on a variety of concerns including but not limited to reasonable accommodations, immigration, global mobility, performance management, separation negotiations, responding to administrative complaints, litigation management and affirmative action.
• Liaise with region generalist attorneys on employment matters outside of the United States
• Negotiate and draft complex contracts and employment agreements
• Counsel on M&A activity and provide advice during the due diligence phase of potential acquisition targets
• Flexible team player who is willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team, department and company
• Interested in significant contact with the business clients on a daily basis
• Ability to execute in a positive and thoughtful manner on how things get done as well what gets done; must be able to distinguish and articulate the risks and the reward and help the business move forward thoughtfully and expeditiously
All About You
• Law degree from a top-tier school; licensed to practice in one or more states, including New York
• Solid, complex employment law experience required
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced team environment;
• Global mindset and in house experience is preferred;
• Strong communication skills with clients and colleagues;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top