Sr. Consultant, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Consultant, Software Engineering
This position is responsible for providing technical leadership and setting architectural direction for digital solutions within Consumer Solutions. Specifically, this person will provide leadership and expertise for digital marketing and solutions, bringing both technical vision and business objectives together. This role will work closely with department leadership, internal business partners, marketing agencies and consultancies, and technical teams across MasterCard to build, deploy, maintain and scale global solutions. This is a career opportunity to be a leader in providing global digital solutions for one of the most well-known brands in the world. Passion, rigor, and drive are required.
• Design and deliver highly relevant experiences for consumers in real time, using the latest technologies to increase awareness, engagement, brand affection, and profits.
• Leverage background and experience to help lead the advancement an architectural framework that supports MasterCard's objectives in digital solutions.
• Ensure solutions are consistent with MasterCard policies and standards for Security, Accessibility, and Privacy.
• Define the architectural models and provide estimations for the new initiatives
• Define solution architecture and take the architecture decisions and work with the development teams to to ensure the development is per the architectural principles/standards and defined solution
• Partnering with Enterprise Architecture to recommend, define and justify dependencies and priorities for platform investment business case justifications. Clearly distinguish and justify between platforms and services that should be purchased verses built internally based upon industry trends, availability of commodity services, best practices, and business benefit.
• As a subject matter expert, partner with technology solution providers and marketing agencies to deliver the best solution meeting the needs of our internal clients and customers.
• Lead research efforts into new digital business and technology opportunities, with the ability to leverage knowledge into actionable recommendations.
• Maintain expert level knowledge of industry trends, best practices, key players, legislation & standards ratification, and emerging technologies in the areas of accountability.
• Mentor other Architects and Software Engineers within the organization. Contribute to internal opportunity development and internal knowledge sharing initiatives.
• Organizational Competency: Ability to build and maintain relationships to work across organizational boundaries and organizational levels, as well as external partners and customers.
• Techno-Social Competency: communication, collaboration, participation in networks, sharing, facilitation, social tagging, etc.
• Techno-Literacy Competency: choosing and using, technologies; evaluating available technologies; influencing organizational environment
• Academic Competency: studying, research, referencing, problem-solving, analysis/synthesis, and experimentation/prototyping
• Media Literacy Competency: critical reading, creative production, persuasion, argument, expressing and sharing ideas
• Information literacy: finding, accessing, evaluating, reviewing, applying, using, analyzing, managing, re-using information
• Experience in an architectural role, responsible for developing frameworks in support of consumer/customer digital products and solutions, including Digital Marketing, Digital Experience Platforms, mobile & social programs.
• Experience in any of the UI frameworks like Angular, React, JQuery, View and Digital Marketing product suite like AEM, Content Management Systems, Analytics, Enterprise Search, Social and API & micro services development is must
• Experience in developing and delivering products using Digitally native cloud architecture, PCF
• Polished verbal, written communication and presentation skills, with both external and internal audiences (examples requested), and a proven ability to communicate with and influence technical and business leaders at all levels.
• Experience costing, estimating and risk identification/mitigation.
• Interest and experience in innovation projects, and understanding of technics, technologies/tools for rapid prototyping a plus.
• Clear understanding of the opportunities and power in data collection for analytics and interactive media campaigns, and correlative issues and need for protection of collected data, as well as the implications and solutions to deal with impacts from global privacy legislation.
• Must have previous experience leading at least one noteworthy large-scale data-centric solution design and development initiative for a digital marketing initiative.
• Experience working with geographically and culturally diverse solutions and teams.
• Specialist in several technologies, frameworks, services and concepts such as , Content & Digital Asset Management Services, Content Delivery Network Platforms, Mobile, responsive design, mobile messaging and Smart Phone applications , CRM & Social CRM, SEM/SEO methodologies , Social Computing, blogging, wikis, gamification, location based services, Second Life and other immersive worlds, online spaces and other forms of social software.
• Ability to develop the quick POC and hands on solving critical issues
Other related, and helpful experience includes
o Portal frameworks, such as ATG, Adobe AEM, Interwoven, or other
o Analytical tools, such as Adobe Site Catalyst, Oracle BI, Microsoft BI
o Marketing systems such as Oracle-Siebel, Exact Target, SalesForce
o Cloud Computing, such as Amazon EC2, PCF, Google AppEngine, private cloud design, hybrid concepts
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top