Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
MasterCard's Operations and Technology (O&T) business unit operates the company's global payments processing infrastructure and development. O&T uses its expertise to make payments safe, simple and smart.
At MasterCard the Operations and Technology (O&T) finance team:
• Provides business unit support for financial reporting, planning and analysis
• Partners with business unit divisions to help achieve financial targets and objectives through thought leadership
• Supports service owners with Total Cost of Ownership by validating methodology and analyzing unit costs
The Sr. Professional/Analyst will be responsible for:
• Budgeting and forecasting short/long-term plans, as well as preparing and analyzing internal financial reports and communicating results of operations to the Global Customer Care division
• Activities include managing risks and opportunities, monitoring the organization's expenses while considering macro-economic factors
• Supports the Global Customer Care division with financial and budget related needs; conducts financial analysis for divisional leadership
• Prepares monthly reporting and analysis of financial results and communicates to divisional management, including oversight of opportunities and risks related to financial plan
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
• Prepare financial ad-hoc reporting and analysis demonstrating insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to divisional partners and management in order to drive business results
• Support various financial business cases, models, and standard templates ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
• Proactively research and resolve financial inquiries and issues for Global Customer Care division
• Performs the annual target and budget process by issuing guidelines, analyzing performance, producing key management reporting, consolidating information and tracking changes
• Support service owners in understanding Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), key drivers, and unit costs; Partners with finance peers in managing TCO improvements and reporting for horizontal services
All About You
• Financial analysis experience with progressively increasing responsibility
• Strong background in both accounting and financial analysis
• Able to work efficiently under pressure and deadlines
• Demonstrates the ability to build internal and external business partnerships; begins to develop key relationships to understand the needs and objectives of stakeholders
• Experience reviewing and analyzing financial and operational modeling to support moderate-to-complex projects
• Experienced with financial systems and applications (e.g., Hyperion, Oracle)
• Experience resolving basic issues in a timely and efficient manner, begins to gain exposure to the resolution of complex issues
• Experience managing components of larger projects
• Experience working with colleagues from other business units and markets
• Experience creating and delivering presentations for internal learning, training events and/or business discussions
• Experience in financial management of a customer service function a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top