Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard Prepaid Management Services provide end-to-end prepaid card solutions for clients and partner organisations. We have an expanding and evolving technical platform that supports our global portfolio of prepaid card programmes. For us, delivering prepaid card solutions is a technology business first and foremost.
You will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our existing and emerging technologies. You will be an ambassador for new technologies, for innovation and for technology evolution.
You will partner with other architects, developers, and analysts, as well as other Mastercard technology teams across the globe. The role will report to the lead Architect for Mastercard Prepaid Management Services and the role is based in Peterborough, UK.
Key themes: Technical Depth, and Proactivity
• Designing from the vision down to the software and infrastructure level.
• API knowledge - you would be the focal point for our API strategy.
• Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs.
• Initiating and leading 'What if', 'What next' and 'Why not' planning.
• Mentor and guide development teams across Mastercard Prepaid technology teams.
• Research current and emerging technologies and bring them in!
• Initiate Proof-of-Concept projects and drive innovative changes.
• Some pre-sales technical consultancy to our customers.
Does this describe you?
• API knowledge - security, scalability, micro-services, gateways, cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, REST, SOAP, OAuth, Kong. Knowledgeable on a few of those?
• You are an enthusiastic ambassador for new technology.
• You enjoy rapidly learning and implementing new technologies.
• Experience in a related field - enterprise applications, or designing Java, .NET, Web, mobile apps.
• IT Architecture patterns - software designs, enterprise patterns
• Agile Software Engineering - our whole business is Agile-run, you would be an Agile leader.
• You should be hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, with strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• You are able to inform and lead through your designs and documents.
Helpful knowledge, skills and experience:
• Financial Services experience a plus, but not essential - bring your perspectives with you.
We welcome candidates with varied technical career backgrounds.
Bonus points for:
• Web application related technologies - Java, Spring, .NET
• Mobile App technologies - native iOS or Android development, cross-platform, wrappers
• Security - Security Architecture, Security by design, vulnerability management
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top