Software Engineering Consultant
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineering Consultant
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint / Iteration.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Suitable for a highly skilled Technical Leads with Agile/Scrum experience to work with a team of very experienced developers on some enterprise global application projects
• Responsible for the creation of a software product as per the definition in the product backlog
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a senior developer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Work closely with Solution Architect in designing applications, based on TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Lead the Scrum Team on new technology adoption / processes
• Undertake code reviews of the development team
• Provide advice and support to other team members
• Estimate the size of backlog items that they are responsible for delivering.
• Translate backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
• Evaluate technical feasibility
• Write technical User Stories for backlog
• Implement sprint backlog items
• Write unit tests/functional tests/integration tests as per the definition of done for the Scrum team.
• Write and verify code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
• Application of product development best practices as per industry standards
• Support UAT - resolving issues as per business priority
• Post Implementation Support and production support
• Undertake regular "brown bag" presentations
• Ensure we move towards common technical goal
Java, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, AngularJS, REST
Other Experience Desired:
Postgres, pgAdmin, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, IntelliJ,
All About You
• Knowledge and understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies is required.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new processes, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Experienced with relational databases and PostgreSQL
• Knowledge and understanding of Internet applications and frameworks
• Strong English language communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong relationship, collaboration and organizational skills.
• Experience with Agile/SAFe required
• Experience in delivering secure solutions, especially within Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Breenae W.Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top