Software Engineer in Test
- O'Fallon, MO
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineer in Test
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices for exploratory and automated testing within MasterCard in working with teams to delivers applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs - functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
• This position will drive Quality/Test Strategy creation, Promote standard test tools/beds, Product health, TDD/BDD practice, early automation, Software deployment & configuration quality, and device/Browser compatibility for web applications.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using JIRA, Rally or such solution life cycle management tools.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
All About You:
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as JIRA, RALLY, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc.
• Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), and/or data warehouse reports.
• Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java/.NET/C++, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, Spring framework, REST, JSON and XML, Eclipse IDE, Nexus, Maven, SVN/GIT, etc.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution - specific focus on cross browser and cross device testing.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
• Exposure to Continuous integration, Delivery, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Exposure to performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner and JMeter desirable.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.
• Data Management - Familiar with concepts like Operational Data Stores, Semantic Layers, ETL and Data warehouses
• Data Governance - Experience with testing data integrity, source-to-target and production validation testing
• Test Data Management - Experience with ensuring that test environments accurately reflect the state of production to ensure that test policies and procedures can accurately detect fault
• ETL tools like Informatica, Qlik, etc.
• Business Intelligence tools like PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top