Software Development Engineer II
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Development Engineer II
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
About The Position
As a Software Development Engineer II on the Test & Learn team, you'll hold a valued role within a rapidly growing and successful firm, working closely with experienced and driven team mates to solve problems as a team. Innovative product opportunities, modern business questions, and new datasets present uniquely challenging problems that we are eager to take on.
Mastercard Data & Services needs your help to create innovative analytics, robust web applications for global audiences, and highly responsive user interfaces. The Test & Learn team builds industry-leading business experimentation software that bring sophisticated analytic techniques to business users across the world, working in focused, cross-functional teams. We are rapidly expanding our product offerings and innovating on how we deliver Test & Learn solutions to our clients.
Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server-side calculation code to database work, and beyond. Our development processes are agile, there are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work the best for that team members and projects.
As a Software Development Engineer II, you will:
• Build great functionality for a suite of web applications aimed to bring data decision making process to our clients and make valuable improvements to the capability of our products
• Design, build, and evolve current systems to handle increase in data volume and user base as we scale globally
• Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with larger and larger data sets faster and faster
• Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications
• Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
All About You
• Proficiency with advanced object-oriented programming
• Solid technical foundation in full stack development
• Prior experience in the development of large scale web applications
• Desire to innovate and leverage new technology
• Passion for analytical / quantitative problem solving
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top