Senior Systems Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Systems Analyst
Internally this position is referred as - Senior Analyst, Systems Analysis - Decision Management Program
• The Decision Management program enables intelligent decision based products through streaming analytics with the ability to govern these decisions and manage their outcomes with business agility.
• This program leverages business rules & AI engines, a streaming big data cluster, an in memory data grids, APIs, & UIs to deliver real time decisions at global scale
• This person will be responsible for mentoring the team as well as stay hands on.
We are looking for a Senior System Analyst to join our DMP team in Vancouver office.
• Have you specified systems requirements for a technical system in the card payment industry?
• Are you passionate about making a difference in this world?
• Do you want to be part of a team which helps prevent fraud on every mastercard transaction in this world?
• The systems analyst will convert business requirements into functional requirements (user stories).
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform.
• Understand technical implications and impacts of requirement requests.
• Author user stories including detailed acceptance criteria.
• Provide systems impact analysis and work estimates.
• Facilitate technical requirement reviews and joint application design sessions .
• Collaborate with software engineers (developers) to promote user story comprehension.
• Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure expected results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with other Systems Analysts, development teams and the Core Product business teams
• Strong technical analysis skills to drive complex application designs and documentation (Functional \ Technical \ Interface Specifications, User Stories)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience with agile & waterfall development methodologies
• Display high degree of initiative & self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• High energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
• Able to document and understand business process models
• Knowledge and experience of data modelling techniques
• Payment industry knowledge
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn't stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team including monthly craft beer tastings. Don't forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top