Senior Specialist, New Payment Flows - CAC
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Specialist, New Payment Flows - CAC
• The LAC Geo North Market Development Team is committed to deliver and drive the transformation of the electronic payments and transfers businesses in Mexico and Central America.
• The Senior Specialist in the New Payment Flows area will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing the most relevant flows to focus on in alignment with Mastercard's Corporate and local strategy; assess the economic and technical viability of the identified opportunities, and architect the appropriate business solution to address the segment needs leveraging Mastercard's portfolio of products and services.
• New payment flows may be in the form of industry specific segments like governments, utilities, telcos, large corporates, small and medium enterprises, microfinance institutions and credit unions, money transfer organizations, voucher companies, banking correspondents, or any other entity involved in the transfer of funds. New payment flows can also come from particular flows currently being serviced in cash or thru non card based solutions like government subsidies, scholarships, microloans, remittances, micro savings, secured loans, mass transit payments or person to person (P2P) transfers.
• The ideal candidate will possess a proven consultative mindset, ideally with previous management consulting experience; significant experience on the card payments industry or similar industry; required skills to engage in deep conversations with prospects and clients to identify business opportunities and quickly move from idea to action.
• Are you a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in the payment industry?
• Are you an enthusiast professional determined to become a player in the transformation of the payments industry?
• Have you ever thought that you could be a change agent in the economy by architecting a payment solution that could benefit millions of citizens?
• He/She will assess the relevant flows to focus on and identify the corresponding actors required to partner with in the creation of the ecosystem,
• Identify the segment needs and the appropriate Mastercard set of products and services required to capture and service the identified flows
• Identify any regulatory barriers or requirements to participate in the selected flows
• Develop a compelling business case for all players involved in the corresponding flow to guarantee a sustainable ecosystem
• Support all the required activities in specific flows and industry segments.
• sales approach background and payments industry savviness that enables him/her to engage in proper conversations with prospects and clients to generate new business deals, as well as to hold meaningful conversations with internal stakeholders.
• He/She will need to reach out to different groups either regional or global to obtain experiences and best get best practices, understand deeper MA products and services so to architect the proper solution in a customized way and coordinate internal teams or individuals to implement the solution.
-Size the business opportunity of the different P2P and B2B flows where cash or alternative payment methods are prevalence
-Support the team in preparing the information to prioritize the opportunities
All About You
•Bachelor's degree required
• Proven track record on the payment or technology industry
• Management consulting experience or proven structured mindset
• Ability to cope with frustration
• Nature ability to identify and hunt business opportunities
• Influential and interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• Strong communication skills
• P&L Management and analytical skills
• English fluency
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top